ashton (+ louis (irl))

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of self harm and abuse!
—————————————————

ashton lay in his bed, his skirt riding up his smooth thighs as he typed vigorously on his phone.

luke was messaging him, rambling on and on about how he could hear calum and michael going at it in his bathroom.

ashton giggled softly but he paused when he heard a knock on his door.

"come in," he called out, his eyes not leaving the chat.

the door creaked open and louis' head peaked in, eyes glancing around before landing on his little brother.

"um, can we talk for a moment?"

ashton looked up and pursed his lips before nodding slowly at the older man, sitting up and scooting over to let him sit.

louis sat down, rubbing his tattooed hands together, eyes casted at the fluffy white carpet.

there was a silent pause, the tension could've been cut with a knife.

"i wanted to talk to you about my behaviour," louis started, his cerulean eyes now on ashton.

ashton nodded slowly, making sure not to say anything as to not trigger an angry tomlinson.

louis sighed and ran a finger through his soft hair. "i'm sorry. i'm sorry about the way i've treated you all these years."

ashton sighed, soft hazel eyes fluttering shut for a moment before looking at the man again.

"you know i can't forgive you for all of this that easily, right?" he muttered weakly, his fingers fiddling with the necklace around his neck like he usually does when he's nervous (a/n: it's what i do a lot lmao).

louis nodded solemnly. "i know. and i also know about your scars. harry told me about them last night-" he paused again, grabbing ashton's arms carefully and rubbing up and down on his wrists softly.

louis' eyes filled with tears but he wouldn't dare let them fall. "every time i think about me being the cause of this-" his voice cracked.

ashton's eyes filled up too, he sniffled. "you know, it wasn't just you. it was everything. everyone. i couldn't do it anymore and then suddenly i had this amazing guy that i've actually loved for years before he noticed me."

louis was silent.

"luke saved me. i love him. he made me believe in love again."

louis chewed on the inside of his cheek, his mind running a mile a minute.

he let go of ashton's arm and put his head in his hands.

"me and harry were talking last night," louis started, quietly.

ashton watched the man patiently as louis sighed and leaned back against the wall.

"i'm gonna be getting counselling for my anger problems," louis finished.

ashton cracked a small smile and hesitantly reached a hand over to pat his brother on the shoulder.

louis looked at him, ashton noticed the guilt in his eyes and quickly pulled him into a tight hug.

"i'm really proud of you, louis," he mumbled.

ashton let go and looked down awkwardly. "i hope you know that this isn't me forgiving you. you're gonna have to work your way up to that."

louis nodded sadly, knowing it's what he deserves. "yeah, i get that.   i can't promise that i'm not gonna lose my temper anymore. but i can promise that i'll try to keep it under control from now on."

ashton nodded, his eyes gleaming. "as long as you try your best, that's enough for me."

louis sighed happily and got up, brushing the dust off of himself.

"i should probably go. i told harry about this and he was so excited. gotta make sure my man's not dead," he laughed.

ashton nodded kindly. the door was shut and as soon as ashton couldn't hear louis' footsteps anymore, he went onto his phone, went onto luke's contact and pressed 'facetime'.

luke's face appeared almost immediately. "is something wrong?" he asked worriedly.

ashton shook his head. "get calum and michael. i'm about to spill the motherfucking tEA!"