ix.

[name] trudged on the way home after her encounter with the mayor, a dark look evident on her face

from afar, three children stood next to each other. "see you later at the festival!"

"let's meet at the shrine. don't be late."
"bye bye!"
"see you."
"later."

[name] grabbed the form of one of the running kids, "you shouldn't go! get out of town. tell your friends."

the kid broke her grasps from him. "what are you saying?"

"[name]!" chihiro called from afar, running to her.

"what was that?"
"let's go."

chihiro grabbed her arms, "what are you doing?"

[name] looked at her, "could [name]... could she have persuaded them? is it my fault?" chihiro stared at her in confusion. "chihiro leave town with grandma before nightfall."

she grabbed her shoulders, "you'll die if you stay here!" she yelled.

"what are you saying? yesterday you suddenly went to tokyo. what's wrong with you?"

"... tokyo?"

a call echoed from afar. "hey, [name]!" shinobu called, settled behind giyū as he pedalled. giyū stopped his bicycle besides the two ogino. shinobu jumped out of her seat and asked [name], "how did it go with your father?

[name] remained silent. "hey, [name]?" giyū called her name. "what's wrong with her?" giyū asked chihiro. the younger female only shook her head in response, "no idea."

the female lifted her head and stared at the direction of the mountain. "are you there?" she muttered.

"is something over there?" shinobu muttered, looking at the direction [name] is facing.

[name] pushed giyū out of his bike, "let me use your bike."

"wait, what... hey, [name]!"

[name] took off. "what about our plan?" [name] turned her head and looked at shinobu, "get ready as planned! please!"

 "what about our plan?" [name] turned her head and looked at shinobu, "get ready as planned! please!"