xii.

now, just a little moreonly just a little more

only just a little more

haku stood on top of his bed and stretched his limbs, getting ready for another day. he raised his right palm and stared at it, a strange thing that he unconsciously does every day.

let's stay here a little longer now

[name] sat on the edge of her bed and wiped a finger across her eye, taking the excess tears that escaped and glanced at it with a hint of gloominess.

just a little more
only just a little more

haku looked through his reflection on the mirror inside his bathroom and examined his now short, moss colored green hair while he wiped his wet face using a clean, white towel.

let's stick together just a bit longer

[name] swiped her card on the ticket machine and proceeded to wait for the next upcoming train.

just a little more

haku stared at the window of the train from his close position to the sliding door.

only just a little more

[name] pressed her palm on the window and watched the view from her vision with an unreadable expression.

out of a sudden, her eyes widened at what she's seeing. haku turned his head to see [name] staring at him with wide eyes. his expression mirrored her, the reason unknown to him.

so shall we stick together just little longer?

"i was always searching... for someone."

oh yes, we are time flyers
scaling the walls of time, climber

the two hopped off to the next station that went by, searching for the other person that they've just seen, determined to say what they wanted to say.

tired of playing hide and seek with time and always coming just short

i never let you go now
promise i will never let you go now

cause my hand finally
gas reached yours why would i have to

haku stopped a few feet afar from a beautiful moon bridge. sweat dribbled down unto his chin due to the running marathon that he had done.

oh yes, you're quite a showy crier
want to stop your tears, see your eyes drier

on the other side of the bridge, there stood [name], huffing slightly.

but when i went to wipe your tears dry you refused
but i saw them pouring down your face, i knew why

[name] awed at the green haired male before her with a baffled face, but slowly, it morphed into a small smile. happiness bloomed inside her chest.

crying even when you're happy
smiling even when you're feeling lonely

for all the years that passed by, [name] never forgot who haku is. how it happened remained a mystery to her, as she was supposed to forget that event. though, she never knew if her case is the same as him.

it's because the part of you
has made it here before the rest has

haku entered the edge of the bridge, while [name] walked on the opposite direction.

[name] furrowed her eyebrows on the way down, her heart pound rapidly inside her with every step that she make.

once haku has reached the edge of the moon bridge, he stopped and lowered his head. he lifted it, turning to [name] and called her, "excuse me!"

the female quickly stopped on her tracks. "haven't we met?" haku asked. she turned to face him.

[name] gripped her left palm in front of her chest. a tear escaped from her right eye, followed by another, and another, until they streamed down on her cheeks like a raging river.

she shut her eyes and gave him a smile, nodding. somehow, the emptiness left inside haku is now replaced by the feeling of content after a long time.

like that satisfying feeling where you had just remembered something you've forgotten for a really long time.

after that comet incident, [name] wanted to see haku once again, even for one last time. she wanted to thank him for helping her save her and the rest of itomori town.

even if he doesn't remember her anymore, she'd gladly help him remember all over again. for him, and him only.

haku smiled at her slightly, tears has escaped his eyes just like her. "your name is...?"

"... [name] ."