Chapter 7

After Cat's (barely long enough to count) shower, she got put on her sleepwear, and moved to dress Kara. She picked out a spare pyjama set and undies and slowly sat Kara up from her laying position, pulling the towel off and dressing her in her softest pajamas.

After that, she laid Kara down under her soft covers and went to finish her nightly routine then to call Winn. He answered after 3 rings and sounded very groggy. "Hello? Mrs. Grant is something wrong?" Winn asked, concern lacing his voice.

"Winn, Kara is with me and currently in my bed. I was at CatCo when she flew in, broke down, talked to me, told me she had no apartment and has been unresponsive since. I am taking care of her but just thought you should know".

"Can I talk to her?" Winn asked excited Kara was back, but very worried for his friend.

"She's not going to answer you, just please tell James to take over for me at CatCo for the time being. It'll only be for maybe a month or so. Also please tell him not to worry as I've got it handled".

"I..okay Mrs. Grant goodnight".

"Yes, goodnight Winslow". Cat then joined a sleeping Kara in bed and drifted off, thinking she'd wake up to discover it was all a demented, horrifying dream. Except it wasn't.

Not even 30 minutes later she woke up to a whimpering sound, she looked to her right to see Kara sleeping, but she was in clear distress. Cat paused, not knowing if it was okay to wake someone up when having a nightmare. Kara's quiet cries quickly turned to screams and wails and she started thrashing in the bed.

Cat watched in horror but before she could act, Kara shot straight up, hyperventilating and crying. "Kara, Kara it's okay, it was just a dream" Cat said, scooting closer to hug Kara. But Kara flinched and threw herself off the bed and crawled to the corner, where she cowered, knees to her chest, covering her ears, eyes closed tightly, softly rocking back and forth while murmuring in kryptonese.

Cat recognised this immediately as a sensory overload and knew it had to be horrible, seeing as she could hear and see pretty much anything. So she sat on the ground near Kara, but not close enough to scare her and started singing a humming a soothing lullaby.

Soon she made her way over next to Kara, grabbing the broken women's hands, and pulled them off her ears. "Shhhh it's okay baby" Cat soothed, pulling Kara into her arms. Kara let go and cried loudly as Cat began singing.

(A/N - I know this chapter was kind of short, but it was packed full of angst, and it felt like the right spot for me to start a new chapter. Hope you enjoyed! -Sunny)