Chapter 10

(A/N - This is going to be the final chapter! I already mentioned that I didn't plan on making this story long and I'm sticking to it. I've already begun writing other fanfics though, so you can look forward to those or send me any prompt suggestions!)

Kara woke up the next morning, naked and being held in Cat's arms. She sighed contently and closed her eyes, laying back down and cuddling into Cat's neck. She breathed her in and relaxed.

Cat woke to Kara's movement, and pulled her closer. "I love you", Cat said.

"I love you too". Kara responded, "So, so much".

"We should probably get up, I'll make us some coffee". Cat said, sitting up and stretching.

"No. Please no". Kara pleaded. "Just lay with me".

"Okay baby". Cat said, kissing the crown of Kara's head, and cuddling back in to bed.

3 1/2 hours later...

They woke up again and made their way to the kitchen to eat breakfast. "We should probably talk about us... and everything that has happened". Cat said, hoping to comfort Kara, but also develop a relationship with her.

"I- I've had an extremely tough life since Alex died, and realistically, my whole life. But you have helped me way more than you realize. Just, just being there Cat, it makes me feel better. I understand if you don't want to pursue this relationship any further, if you could even call it that, and if you want to take back what we did, that's fine. Just please, please, I'm begging you, don't leave me alone. I can't live without you".

Kara begged, her eyes welling up with tears as she looked at Cat. Cat's head was bowed down, and Kara sat waiting, unable to see her face or reaction.

A solid 15 seconds later, Kara heard a sniffle. She gasped when she realized it wasn't hers and put a finger under Cat's chin, tilting her face so she could look her in the eyes.

Tears were streaming down Cat's face. "Oh honey". Cat said, pulling Kara into a tight hug. "I love you. So, so, much, and I'm never going to leave you. I'll stay spending the rest of my life with you. That is, as long as you'll have me".

Kara gasped and lunged forward, kissing Cat softly, then resting their foreheads together. It wasn't hot, or sexual, it was just reassuring each other of their mutual love and commitment.

"I have two questions", Kara began. "One, do you want to watch a movie with me? And two, will you be my girlfriend?".

"Yes!", Cat said, kissing Kara again on the lips.

"To what question?". Kara asked nervously, shifting in her seat.

"Both of them, you big goof".

5 hours and 2 movies later, Kara fell asleep in Cat's arms, feeling true safety and comfort for the first time since Alex's death.

THE END

(A/N- That's it! I really hope you liked this, it took a while to write. Please comment or vote if you can, I'm a brand new writer and need all the reassurance I can get! -Sunny)