Todoroki - Villain Too

Requested by Kagome_Makin
Sad warning
Quirk: None

***

The harsh glow from the screen illuminates the room. A soft hum plays in the back of my mind along with the indistinct chatter coming from my laptop.

'It's been a while, huh, Shoto,' I mumble to myself. 'I'll be back, don't worry.'

'Eh, Y/N, shouldn't you be in bed?' Dabi stands at the door of my room, leaning on the frame. 'It's well past midnight.'

'Shut up. Hey, isn't this kid your brother or something?'

'That's a secret I'll never tell.' He turns and leaves.

'Jesus Christ you're edgy. Homeless bastard.'

***

'Tomura, how many times are we going to attack UA? It seems kinda repetitive at this point,' Toga complains.

'I thought you liked doing that,' I say.

'I only wanna see Deku! Nothing else matters.'

'Anyway,' Kurogiri interrupts. 'The first year hero course is having an excursion to USJ. We've been told that a few of the third years will be joining them. You know them, don't you, L/N?'

I hum in response.

'We'll play this out similar to two years ago. But this time we have less people, and a refined plan.' Shigaraki scratches his neck obsessively. 'L/N, you'll be handling the third years with me. We'll have no problem dealing with them.'

'Uh huh.'

Will I get to see Shoto again? Will he even remember me? God, it's been so long. What if he's changed? Whatever. It doesn't matter anyway.

Everyone goes their separate ways for the night.

***

I watch closely as those pathetic first years file into USJ, their seniors following after them. I scan the crowd as my eyes fall on Shoto. My chest tightens at the sight of him. He looks different. I don't know how, but his vibes are off. This isn't my Shoto. He changed.

'Shigaraki, I'm not sure if I can do this.'

He doesn't respond. Why would he though? I'm already in too deep. This is the life I chose, and this is my consequence. I don't want this. I never wanted this. I only ever wanted him. What if he's replaced me? What if he never felt that way?

We sit there until the signal is given.

Kurogiri teleports the third years over to us.

We trap each of them one by one.

'L/N?'

My whole body freezes over. He remembers!

'You are L/N, right?'

'Of course, Shoto.' I turn to face him. 'It's been a while, huh?'

'What happened to you? Why are you with the villains?'

'Well, remember when we were kids? Remember when I ran away? Do you know why that happened?'

He shakes his head. 'I couldn't tell you.'

'Ah, so you really never knew me that well.' I take a deep breath. 'That day, I realised how corrupt the hero society is. Those dumb heroes treated my dad like a criminal.'

'L/N, we were five.'

'They took him away. He was only doing his job and they took him from us.'

'He was a deadbeat and a horrible man,' Shoto pleads.

'At least your dad has a chance at redemption. Mine is never coming back! He'll never get the chance to apologise. He's never coming home, no matter how much I wish he would.'

'L/N... I'm sorry, but this isn't the way to deal with your grief. This isn't justice.'

'What do you know about justice? You're with them now.'

'I'm sorry, L/N.'

In one swift movement, he's behind me and binds my arms to my torso, kicking me over in the process.

'This is how it has to be. I'm sorry.'