Girl on the Train II

This scene is a part two continuation of the adult Lauren/fetus Camila "one shot," Girl on the Train. Hope you enjoy!

As weeks pass by, Lauren realizes that she probably won't see little Karla ever again. It wasn't uncommon for people to ride the train rarely or even once, though Lauren happened to be one of the many regulars that rode the train almost every day. Having this knowledge, Lauren feels a bit on the downside, not sad but just a little bummed; she had hoped to see Karla again. Even though their first encounter wasn't the best, the little one had left an impression on Lauren.

"Laur, just have a child already" Normani, Lauren's best friend pokes for fun, bringing Lauren out of her thoughts, "honestly though, I'm tired of passing by the college's daycare just to see you smiling at the kids with a dreamy look in your eye," she adds as she hands Lauren an iced coffee, which is the only form of coffee Lauren likes, she's never been able to stand coffee when it's hot.

"You know I have to settle down first, Mani" Lauren responds with words she's told her friend a million times before, "then I could start thinking about having kids but for now I will be satisfied through working with them" Lauren adds with a somewhat content smile.

"But why though?" Normani gives Lauren a 'what the fuck' look, "you'd be a great mom, Laur...and I'd be one kick-ass aunt" Normani fist pumps the air.

"Mani, watch your language around the kids" Lauren gasps as she looks around to see if any of the little ones heard her friend's potty mouth.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" Normani rolls her eyes at the pale-skinned girl, Lauren doesn't notice this at all seeing that her attention stays fixed on the five-year old's, "let's go Laur, we can't be late to math again. Professor Jones is just waiting to pounce on any opportunity to drop me from the class, I swear the man is racist" Mani says with a scoff.

"Jones is not racist Mani, you and Dinah are always being loud which disrupts the class."

"Sure, be on his side" Mani huffs, sticking her nose up in the air quickly before they pick up their speed to get to class on time.

~

"Pick whatever you'd like" Lauren tries not to smile at Dinah's words but she ends up doing so anyways, it's practically impossible for the green-eyed beauty to hold a grudge towards her blonde-haired friend even though she wants too.

"Dinah, I already said it was okay. You don't need to get me an ice cream."

"Nope. I won't be satisfied until I get one of my bestest friends' ever, her apology ice cream. Now, pick whatever you'd like Lauser...I'm using Ally's card anyways" Dinah smirks as Lauren rolls her eyes and thinks 'typical Dinah.'

Ally is Dinah's overly kind but in a good way, roommate and friend. They are both complete opposites, yet they click together perfectly. Ally and Dinah's bond is what every friendship strives for.

Lauren picks a single scoop of strawberry, since it's her favorite flavor while Dinah goes all out ordering herself a banana split with extra caramel and chocolate sauce, adding an extra cherry on top as well.

After Dinah pays with Ally's debt card, they pick a table to sit at to enjoy their dessert. Lauren internally gags, getting a bit grossed out as she takes a seat at an extremely sticky table.

"Ugh this table is gross."

Dinah just shrugs and dives right into her ice cream while Lauren takes the time to spread out some napkins across the table so that she can't feel the sticky surface.

"So why do you have Ally's debit card anyways?" Lauren asks the question that's been in her head since Dinah told her to pick an ice cream.

"She accidentally forgot it on the coffee table in our living room this morning, so I grabbed it and brought it to school just in case I saw her in passing" Dinah says with a mouth full of ice cream.