Swearing is Caring

Here is a scene between adult Ally, Lauren, Normani, Dinah and toddler Camila. Hope you enjoy!

"And lastly, please don't kill my child!" Camila's mother, Ally finishes off a long verbal list of rules to her three best friends Normani, Lauren and Dinah Jane as she grabbed her purse which was located by the front door of her home.

Normani nods in non—verbal agreement with her friend as she follows the small woman to the door, she was ready for the single mother to leave already. And Lauren sends Ally an unenthused salute from where she is sat on the couch, she was in the middle of a twitter rant and wasn't really paying much attention to her friend's request. All the while Dinah rolls her eyes and crosses her arms in emphasis, she never liked hearing the Latina's rules; Dinah Jane already knew how to take care of children.

Ally Brooke Hernandez was a young, beautiful twenty-five-year-old woman, who just so happened to be single. The mother of the three-and-a-half-year-old girl had been single since before her daughter came into the world. And now that Camila was growing a little bit older, Ally felt like throwing herself back into the dating scene.

Hence the need to go over all the rules with her three best friends. She loved each woman here to pieces but at the same time Ally knew that they could be irresponsible and forgetful at times...more like all the time.

"Don't worry about it smallz, Mila will be just fine" Dinah's tone is filled with irritation as she mutters her statement, letting out a harsh breath afterwards.

"Yeah, we'll take good care of Mila, promise" Normani backs up Dinah Jane's words but with a much calmer tone. Normani was the only one out of the three that knew her babysitting skills were subpar.

"When have we not taken good care of her?" Lauren states rhetorically, though Ally can name quite a few times the three hadn't watched over her daughter correctly.

Just a few weeks back, Ally got a last-minute call to work and had to leave her child in the care of Lauren and Dinah Jane. When she got back home, horror filled her as she saw the two babysitters fast asleep on the floor. Usually she would have found the pair hilarious as Dinah was cuddling a teddy bear while Lauren was snuggling with the taller girl's foot but not this time. This time she screamed at the pair while grabbing her unattended three-year-old daughter off the bed, in which she was jumping up and down on.

Normani wasn't off the hook either. A few months back, Camila needed to go to the pediatrician for a checkup and again, Ally got called into work. She was going to cancel the appointment but Normani quickly stepped in, reminding Ally that she and their other two friends were on Camila's records as guardians. Normani ended up taking the small toddler to her doctor's appointment, forgetting that she was afraid of anything medical related. Normani sent the small child into the doctor's office alone and Ally received a call from the medical office's receptionist. Camila cried as her mother yelled at her tía over the phone.

"I can name multiple occasions...your memory must be lacking, Lo" Ally told her friend without sympathy. To which the other Latina crossed her arms mimicking Dinah in a way, she didn't like her eldest friends' words. Lauren believed she was a great babysitter.

As the first hour passed by, the three women were still avidly watching the child. They wanted to prove to Ally that they were responsible adults and could get through the evening without calling the brunette. Well, at least Normani really did. Dinah Jane just wanted the baby to be happy and Lauren, she didn't give a damn. She just agreed to help out because Ally provided them with pizza before she went on her date.

But the trio had been doing great. Dinah was with the child the most so far, since she liked to play with the little girl. She was a very hands on type of aunty. Normani had been too but her reasoning was to make sure the child was safe, and that Dinah wasn't doing anything too crazy with the toddler. Lauren helped by washing their dinner dishes and was now lying on the couch, lazily checking the notifications on her phone. Lauren loved the small girl with all her heart but at the same time she wasn't one who enjoyed interacting with children, not like Dinah did.