Chapter 3: Normal Kid... or Spy?

"So, you think that the Illuminati kidnapped Rin?" Shiemi asked Mephisto. The Demon King nodded.

"We have evidence to show that Rin Okumura was lured by this Illuminati spy into going to the train station. He left the dormitory around five in the morning and got on a train by seven. He could be anywhere in Tokyo by now." Mephisto shook his head, it was odd for the class to not see the Director as his clown-like self. Shima tilted his head.

"What if he left to join them? He could have been persuaded to join them and left willingly." He said to the room of shocked faces.

"My brother would never do that!" Yukio yelled, slamming his hands against his desk. "My brother wants nothing more than to kill our father. Why would he join him?"

Shima held up his hands, "Look, teach. It's just an idea." Shura was vigorously typing something on her phone and then showed the screen to the room.

"Shima... why do we have video footage of you leaving your dormitory around the same time as Rin?" She asked the pink haired boy.

"Like I said, I got breakfast with my sister."

"At five in the morning?" Shura was suspicious.

"I ran a few errands, then went to meet with Jun, then went back to my dorm to drop things off before heading here." Shima said, trying his best to defend his case. Shura started typing on her phone again.

"There is no record of Jun Shima getting on a train from Kyoto to True Cross. In fact, there is footage from the Kyoto field office showing that Jun was there, visiting Juzo and Mamushi, at the same time you were 'getting breakfast'... Now, there's no Jun Shima getting on a train, but there is a record of a Renzo Shima getting on a metro train at the same time that Rin Okumura was last seen... getting on a train." Shura finished, looking Shima dead in the eyes. The entire class was now staring at him with wide eyes.

Shima stood tall and stepped closer to Shura. His voice was at a deathly calm whisper. "You may want to choose your next words very wisely Ms. Kirigakure."

Shura stepped closer as well. "I will... Renzo Shima you are under arrest for being an Illuminati spy within the True Cross Order and kidnapping the Blue Exorcist."

"You mean your guard dog. The strongest among you yet he has no freedom. You use him as a symbol of hope, yet you take his hope away." Shima said with a small smile on his poker face. Shura grabbed handcuffs from her pocket. "Oh, I didn't know it was that kind of party." He started turning around to be cuffed though before she locked them he stepped on her foot and summoned his K'rik. "Sorry but I'm no spy. I was just helping out a brother."

Mephisto stood, "Lucifer."

"Heya little brother. Good to see ya again." Shima said, his eyes turning gold and his hair turning two toned, half blonde, half black. The hand holding the K'rik flared up with black flames, while the other glowed like the sun.

Mephisto and Shura ran at him though he just pushed them back using his flames. He broke one of the windows in the room and started to climb out, slyly winking at Izumo to say 'Keep up your mission.' The flames and light died down and Lucifer retreated back into Shima's mind and let Renzo have control again. Shima almost fainted from using his flames though he had to stay awake.

He's been caught but Izumo and the other sleepers haven't. Can't risk getting evacuated to the Dominus Liminis when he is this far into enemy territory.

"Okumura better thank me later."

---

*2 weeks later*

"I cannot believe that you broke your dad's rib!" Mason exclaimed as the team was all eating lunch together in the park. They were laughing and eating bento in between classes.

"Look I was like five and I didn't know about my demonic strength." I replied almost choking on a rice ball. The group continued to laugh at my distress.

Erin went as far as clapping and saying, "Our fearless leader everyone."

"Hey Rin. You're a music kid right?" Daisuke asked me after I recovered. I nodded.

"Back when I actually tried to stay in school and I didn't know I was Satan's kid I played some guitar and sang a bit but nothing huge." I said, shrugging.

Daisuke grabbed the guitar case next to him and gave the instrument to me. I grimaced. "I couldn't. It's been like four years, I'll probably pop a string."

"No. Play, let's hear it." Daisuke said, moving the guitar even closer to me. I eventually caved and pulled the acoustic from its case. I scrolled through the list of songs in my head until I chose one. (A/N Masquerade by: Jonathan Thulin)

I took a deep breath and started, "We are wearing a mask in the truth parade, We are waving our flags up holding this charade. We are hiding while you're watching and it's killing me. Hoping a lie doesn't fade in this masquerade... Eloquent and elevate we're showing through our smiles, Money trees and prophecies and list can go for miles, My oh my, my oh my, my oh my, Have we genuinely lost our minds this..." I looked up and saw a battered Renzo walking towards us. "Renzo?"

I jumped up and ran towards him with the team in toe. "Renzo what the hell happened?"

"True Cross. They know you're gone but not where you went. They've only busted me, no one else. I didn't really know where else I could crash close by." He looked like he was about to faint.

"When did this happen?" Haruki asked him, helping her commander.

"Two weeks ago. I've been walking here and talking with some assets. True Cross attacked me again when I got to Ginza, I had to use my flames." He said fainting onto Haruki's shoulder. I considered this a moment of leadership.

"Haruki, take Renzo back to the apartment, attend to his injuries. Daisuke, cover for your girlfriend in your next classes okay?" I said, directing my team. They both nodded and we went our separate ways for our next classes.