Chapter 11: The Children of Satan

A group of five teenagers walked down a side alley in the bustling streets of Tokyo. The one in front closing his azure eyes every so often to sense his brother's power.

"This way," he said, leading the group down another alleyway, towards a massive park. They stood at the entrance of the park and Rin felt a massive amount of demonic energy emanating from it. "If she wants to start a fire, we just have to wet the kindling."

Strike Team: Thanatos entered the park and headed straight for the source. When they arrived where the power was the strongest Rin could barely hear them from the ringing in his ears. There were hiding behind multiple trees, as Iblis appeared with multiple lower class demons carrying other pieces of the Gehenna Gate. Damn, we didn't get them all. Mason thought as he saw a small trickle of blood escape Rin's ear. Shit.

They all heard bushes rustle from the way they came and jumped into fighting positions, expecting it to be more of Iblis's demons. Though, when they saw a patch of blackish-pink hair, the team all shared a silent sense of relief. "Hey guys." Shima whispered as he moved the bush more to reveal two other people.

"Shura?!?" Rin whispered-shouted, startled to see someone from his old life, "Izumo?!" The purple haired girl shushed him.

"I told you I had spies." Shima smirked, "Shura's still new, though."

"Speaking of which, I have no idea what's going on. Mind filling me in?" Shura asked, looking at the demons in the clearing.

Mason decided to simplify it for her. "Gehenna Gate. Fighting Iblis. Illuminati. Government."

"Wha-"

Haruki then explained further, "We're fighting Iblis, who is building a Gehenna Gate, Rin and I are with the Illuminati, and those four are from the Government."

"Alright. Good enough." Shura nodded and took out her sword.

"Rin. Are you okay?" Mason grabbed his hand and wiped some of the blood coming from his ears. "Your ears are bleeding."

"I'm fine Mase."

Shima's eyes turned gold and he looked at Rin. "No you're not little brother. Here." He handed Rin a bottle of something, "You released your power outside of Gehenna, now you are in a vortex of energy from my homeworld and it is making you sick."

Rin downed the bottle and threw it to the side. "I'm fine. Now, can we please stop Iblis."

"Right." Shima-fer said looking over at his younger sibling. "What do you want to do?"

Rin nodded, "Alright. We need to deal with the lesser known demons first. That should be simple, leave Iblis to Luci and I."

The group nodded, Shura smirked realizing that Rin was better off here than at the Academy. "Let's do this."

---

Shura had her back against Haruki's, both of them working their way through a flock of hobgoblins. While on the other side of the battle field the twins, Natsuki and Daisuke, were using their abilities against ghouls. "How are ghouls here? I thought they were kin of Astaroth." Daisuke asked his sister.

"I don't care Dai." She jumped onto a platform made of shadows, "Right now, all we need to do is kill them."

Izumo and Mason were both taking down stragglers that tried to either run from or join the fight. While Rin and Lucifer were facing off against the Demon King of Fire.

"Brothers." Iblis sneered as the three children of Satan stared at each other. "Daddy isn't here to stop our fight."

"That's kind of the point."