Chapter 6: Adrenaline

(^^^^My picture of the band logo. I'm shit at drawing so bare with me. Basically it's just broken Kurikara with the pieces crossed.)

I had my eyes closed leaning against a wall waiting for us to go on the stage. Natsuki and Daisuke were tuning in the corner, Erin was listening to music and spinning her drum sticks, Haruki was checking with security. I heard the sound of someone struggling and opened my eyes to see Mason trying and failing to tie his tie. I got off the old amp I was sitting on to go and help him, I was starting to feel like my old man.

"Give it to me." I said holding out my hand for Mason's tie. He was the 'manager' of our 'band' because he had no musical talent what-so-ever, so he had to sit next to the owner of the club during the show, who just so happens to also be our target.

Mason handed me his tie and I started to knot it around his neck. "What, you didn't have ties in England?" I said sarcastically as his face flushed with embarrassment.

"We do. I'm just... really nervous." Mason said as I finished my half-winsor around his pale neck. I fixed his dishevelled collar and looked down at him, as I am 6'1 and he is 5'9. (A/N: I know that Rin's 5'6 but demon puberty happened so...)

I didn't realize that we were staring at each other until I was snapped out of my stupor by Haruki. "Hey. You guys should get on stage. Curtains draw in 5."

"R- Right. Thanks Ruki." I told the pink-haired inhuman who just gave me a death glare.

"Don't call me that."

I left with Erin and the twins so fast that I couldn't even comprehend what had happened. I didn't realize I was staring at Mason's emerald green eyes... or how close our faces were...

Great... Now I'm blushing!

---

(A/N: My Name Is... by: Once Monsters)

I was finishing my last song with my throat raw at that point. "My name is thunder, and lightning. I'll be showing up uninvited. My name is adrenaline, exciting. If you don't believe, then let me show ya. Adrenaline, exciting!"

The crowd in the club applauded us and we all went off stage. We all instantly stripped our crazy, neon band gear to our mission suits. I pulled on my blue overcoat as Mason rejoined with the group, dress shirt and tie in his arms. I checked my watch and saw that we had five minutes to get to the location. Once I was ready I turned to Strike Team: Thanatos. "We have five minutes to get to the drop zone. Hawk-Moth, Helios, Nyx. Get to the car, watch the deal from there. Evergreen and Chimera, you're with me."

Mason turned to me with shocked eyes, "I'm just the doctor."

"I read your file." was all I said as I walked to the roof entrance to continue the mission. I did in fact read his file, I read all the team member's files from the iPad Shima-fer gave me on the metro two months ago. Mason has potential.

Haruki, Mason, and I were standing on the roof of the club watching as a white van pulled up behind and into the storage unit behind it. The buyer and the seller had arrived, Mason pulled out his phone to connect with the bug he had placed on our target during the show.

"This it? Thought it would be bigger." The buyer said.

"It's just one piece. We weren't gonna sell you the whole thing for only 1 mil." The seller responded annoyed.

My tail started flicking from side to side. I could sense something demonic. I put my finger to the comm in my ear, "Hawk-Moth. Can you get a visual on what's inside that van?"

I heard Erin typing on the other side and then she spoke. "I got a visual but I don't know what you could make of it. Sending to Evergreen's glasses now." Mason moved to show us the hologram projecting out from his glasses. Haruki and I both looked at each other in fear.

"I thought that was destroyed." I said into the comms.

"What is it?" The twins asked simultaneously. Haruki raised a hand to her ear, trying to hide her shaking.

"Something that could cause armageddon." She paused, steadying her voice. "A piece of the Gehenna Gate."