Chapter 1 - Class 1-A

Chapter 1 

Aizawa POV

        The shrill sound of my alarm jolted me awake in the early hours of the morning. I let out a low groan as I rolled over onto my side, snatching up my phone from its place charging on my bedside table. Switching off the alarm, I sighed as I forced myself to sit up and get out of bed. I had gotten a decent amount of sleep for the first time in weeks, almost four hours. Trudging to the bathroom, I flipped the light switch, flooding the room in a dull orange glow. Gazing in the mirror, I examined the ever present bags stationed beneath my eyes. No matter how many hours of sleep I obtained, I always appeared extraordinarily tired.

        Jumping in the shower, I washed and brushed out my hair, letting the warm water cover my face as I stood in silence. Finishing up in the bathroom, I exited and got dressed quickly, trying to decide whether or not to shave the scruff growing on the lower half of my face. Before I could a decide, a *ding* from my phone tossed carelessly on my bed stole my attention away. Scooping it up and sitting on the edge of the queen sized bed, I opened my phone to see a message from Hizashi.

        Zashi- hey sho! you comin in today? maybe do your hair and stuff this morning, kay? we have a meeting and you need to look sharp! ;)

       I exhaled slowly, shaking my head as I typed out a quick response to the energetic blond.

       Sho- Fine. What's this 'meeting' even about?

        Zashi- dunno, but i heard rumors it's about the upcoming training at the usj next week

        Sho- Got it.

        I threw the phone onto the black comforter beneath me and stood, walking back into the bathroom to shave and pull my hair back for the early morning meeting.

                                                                                             ***

        I arrived at the doors of U.A at 7:00 am sharp. I felt a little awkward considering my students had never seen me looking "presentable", so I expected a slew of questions once I made it to my class.

        I slowly made my way to the teacher meeting room, my shoes clicking crisply in the quiet    hallway. Opening the heavy door, I entered the room to find Nezu, Zashi, Nemuri, and Toshi already sitting at the long wooden table.

        "Whoa, Zawa!" Nemuri exclaimed, her large eyes lighting up as I walked in the room and sat down across from her and next to Hizashi.

        "I haven't seen you cleanly shaven since high school!" Nemuri propped her elbows up on the table, leaning forward and resting her head on her entwined hands.

         "What's the occasion, honey?"

        I grumbled under my breath at her and narrowed my eyes slightly.

        "Calm down, woman. Yamada told me this was formal and to look nice," The tall blond seated next to me let out a soft chuckle, and I cut my eyes at him quickly before looking back at the others at the table.

        "That information is incorrect, Mr. Aizawa," Nezu stated in his perky tone, folding his paws together.

        "This meeting is simply to go over lesson plans for the upcoming week, nothing special,"

        I whipped my head to the left to face Hizashi, who was holding a hand over his mouth to stifle his laughs.

        "You just wanted me to look different," I growled at him, striking him in the back of the head in annoyance.

        "Hey, h-hey!" Hizashi laughed, burying his head in his folded arms.

        "I thought it would be funny!"

        "You thought wrong," I hissed, sending a glare his way. Toshinori chuckled nervously, sending me a sheepish smile.

        "Sorry about him, Aizawa," he said, rubbing the back of his neck and grinning. I sat back in my chair, shaking my head.

        "Don't be. I've dealt with his ass since freshman year, I should have expected as much," Zashi said something in defense of himself, but I tuned him out as Nemuri spoke.

        "Hey, it's a good change, Zawa! You don't look as exhausted this morning, anyway," Nemuri smiled sweetly as I rolled my eyes, already done with today.

"Let's just get this over with."

                                                                                          ***
        The meeting ended in just about fifteen minutes. We simply all went over the plan for the upcoming week and training regimens. I made my way to class 1-A, reaching the door just as the bell rang.

        I let out a heavy sigh as I prepared myself for the yelling on the other side of the door. Gripping the handle, I swung open the classroom door and ordered everyone to sit down. As expected, most people sent me strange looks and wondered amongst themselves why my appearance was so different.

        "Professor Aizawa?" Mina Ashido raised her hand high in the air, waving her arm impatiently.

        "Yes, Ashido?" I intoned, sitting at my desk and facing the pink girl.

        "Why do you look so fancy?" The girl squealed in her high pitched voice. "Is something special happening after school?"

        "Yeah, sensei," Kaminari spoke up, smirking and tilting his head.

        "You going on a hot date tonight?" The boy wiggled his eyebrows and grinned.

        I groaned loudly and rolled my eyes, shaking my head at the two.

        "That is none of your concern. My personal life and appearance should not affect you," I huffed.

"Now, let's get started on today's lesson."

                                                                                            ***

*A/N* Hey everyone who happens to read this, if anyone does! Thank you so much for reading! Please consider voting if you'd like, it really helps to get stories out to more people! If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments. I have plenty of ideas and plans for where this story will go, but I am willing to incorporate what people want to see! Also, if you have any other stories you'd like me to write, I'm willing to tackle pretty much anything, so just let me know what you'd like to see! I hope people see this, it really is a dream to have my work seen, and even if only a couple people do, it means a lot. Really a lot.

Thank you all!

Word count- 1,000