𝖔𝖓𝖊 : 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊

Lisa had just graduated from Yale University and was now on her way back home to Therondia. She made her way past airport security, adjusting her sunglasses and her mask with Jaehyun close behind.

She was excited to come back home and see her family and friends. It felt like forever since she last saw them. It was a perfect season to come home too as it was now spring time in Therondia, which is Lisa's favorite season.

"Your highness, we could've easily taken your family's private jet instead of waiting in the airport for our flight."

Her thoughts were interrupted by an all too familiar voice. The princess looked at the man that stuck by her side all this time. Yet, he was still being formal with her. Rolling her eyes, she replied:

"Yah, Yoonoh. First of all, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Lisa? And second, don't you know the saying 'The journey is more fun than the destination'? Besides, if I arranged for the private jet, father's gonna know I'm coming home. This is meant to be a surprise. He thinks I still have a semester left."

Jaehyun sighed and sat down next to the princess as they approached their boarding zone. It had become a habit for the male to address her formally and it was a difficult habit to break. Even when they were kids, he kept addressing her as 'your highness' or 'princess' as he was told many times by his family that he could only call the female as such, but Lisa was not an ordinary princess.

She hated formalities and never once thought she was above everyone because of her status. That was what Jaehyun drew to her. She was compassionate about others and was never self-centred. She had always volunteered to lead her father's charity events and even hosted one of her own a few times in the past. She's even considered perfect by everyone that came to know her.

The male wasn't surprised, however. The three Choi siblings were known to have unique leadership skills. They were different and unique on their own. The oldest, Hanbin, is considered to be a natural born leader. Despite the prince not wanting to be a king, he has done a lot for the kingdom despite not having to exclusively rule it yet. He was more musically inclined than sitting on a throne and ruling an entire kingdom. Lisa was very strategic and would always think things through first before deciding on anything. She was a perfectionist, which could also be a leadership trait. She wants everything organized and would lose it if things weren't. Then there was Hyunsuk, the youngest. Although he was a wild child, always wanting to party instead of sitting through meetings, he was a leader in his own way. He makes everyone feel comfortable around him and has a welcoming vibe to his personality. Jaehyun had seen how Haruto, Hyunsuk's bodyguard had soften up a little to the young prince despite the cold interior the young assassin has. He also has a natural caring personality that he had gotten from his mom, the late Queen. While Hanbin and Lisa were a mixture of both the King and Queen, everyone could see the Queen through the youngest child.

Despite the difference in personalities and goals the three has, they each respect one another and has immense love for each other. Both brothers were protective over their sister, chasing away any potential suitors that Lisa might have, which Jaehyun was grateful for.

He knew he didn't stand a chance and would never be seen by Lisa in a different light but he was perfectly fine with the arrangement. He was satisfied enough to be her close friend and her bodyguard, swearing an oath to protect her even if it costs him his own life. He knows she only treats him as a brother and feels nothing but only platonic love for him.

"Sorry. It's a difficult habit to break. If my parents ever hear me call you by your name, I would not hear the end of it." Jaehyun said with a soft chuckle.

"But you're right about that saying. I forget how different you are from the stereotypical princesses. Forgive me." He added as he leaned back into the seat.