Chapter 3

A/N: It's kinda hard trying to keep things within the proper timeline since this is the first time I made a fanfic that doesn't already have a plot that I can just follow and change to suit how I want my story to progress. I wanted the events from the timeline to be close to exact since I want this fanfic to be as realistic as possible but this is proving to be impossible since I've only joined the fandom like a month ago. Thus, I still have a lot to learn especially when it comes to TWICE so I apologize beforehand for any inconsistencies that might pop up.

...

Washing her hands on the sink, Jeongyeon was fixated on the mirror in front of her. She dried her hands with a towel hanging from the rack to her left then ran a hand through her long, blonde hair. No one was around yet as they were still out and about, they might still be in the salon or doing their own errands.

She had just come straight back from the salon. Her hair had grown long during the absence of Mina and she decided to keep it at that length. What she changed, however, was the color. Dying her hair blonde wasn't anything new, she'd had the same color before but now it looked different on her somehow and not just because of the length. She couldn't quite put a finger on what was different, though.

She was snapped out of her musings when she heard the bathroom door slightly open. From the mirror, she saw a head peak through the door, wearing a toothy grin and was immediately floored.

It was Nayeon. Still grinning, she opened the door wider to give Jeongyeon a better look at her and gave a twirl, obviously showing off her new look.

The last time Jeongyeon saw her, they were together as a group in the salon, getting their hair done before they start filming for their comeback. Nayeon had still been in the waiting area, content to let her other members go first and just flipping through fashion magazines. When Jeongyeon was done with her hair, she had opted to go home right away to clean their dorm which the others had left in quite a state that Jeongyeon couldn't think of anything else while she was getting her hair done. So she wasn't able to see what Nayeon would have looked like after cutting her hair.

Jeongyeon turned around with a stupefied expression on her face. She couldn't help but think that seeing Nayeon in person made her look ten times better, if that was even possible.

It was obvious she just came from the salon as the long hair Jeongyeon was so used to seeing was gone, replaced by a shorter above-the-shoulder length style along with side bangs that frame her forehead rather perfectly. She was wearing a simple, form-fitting white dress she had obviously just bought.

Jeongyeon may not be the type to fall in love just by looks... but damn, she felt herself fall harder. She looks perfect, she thought.

Nayeon's grin widened at the sight of a gaping Jeongyeon. "So? What do you think?"

"You-" Jeongyeon's voice had been embarrassingly raspy as she spoke so she cleared her throat before trying again. "Y-You look fine."

Nayeon gave a pout at that and hit her arm lightly. "Ya! Is that all you can say?"

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes. She was thankful for that, though, as Nayeon acting like that finally gave her the confidence to say what was really on her mind. "Arasseo. You look really pretty."

The bunny smirked arrogantly and brushed her hair off her face in a flirty way. "Don't I always?"

Jeongyeon scoffed and raised a brow at the older girl's antics. "Then why bother asking?"

"I already know I'm pretty, I just wanted to make sure you knew it, too."

Jeongyeon laughed out loud at that, wheezing. "Ya, why are you always so full of yourself?"