Chapter 37 Caught

Julia’s POV

***************************

There had been many times that I had thought of leaving before dawn but I could not, I had not been discharged and a nurse kept coming every hour to check my vitals. “Uhh,” I thought, “Why couldn’t I just go? For one thing I wanted to just disappear and be myself for a while. I just wanted to forget what had happened; everything was still hazy all I kept remembering was a face, a blond framed face staring angrily at me. My eyes looked up when the nurse entered again. “Please nurse can I leave anytime soon?” I asked. She took my vital signs and then stood up. “I’m not sure miss but I can ask the doctor?” she replied. I groaned inwardly. She left while I shuddered at the thought of morning.

Gabriel turned off the engine and made his way out. He had hoped that a miracle had happened sometime during the night. A miracle he had really hoped for to make her wake up. His feet led him across the parking lot and into the hospital doors, in an instant his eyes landed on the familiar figure near to the receptionists’ desk, Abel. His grip around the bouquet of roses tightened and he forced a smile. “Good morning,” he said when he arrived there. Abel answered and then after thanking the receptionist they threaded into the elevator.

Julia wiped her face and then stepped back. Her reflection was pale and her eyes a bit darkened underneath. For the umpteenth time she tried to fix the horrid hospital gown that could not keep in one place. She tucked it in the sides and tried to position the back without much luck. After sighing she started out. Her hand slowly drew open the door and then she froze. For a split second she contemplated stepping back in but the door, an automatic one pushed her forward. Her feet stood there planted on the ground as the two figures she thought she could avoid stood near to the nurses’ station. Julia sighed inwardly. Her throat was parched and was getting drier by the second. She gulped and then with a smirk pulled her towel close. She could get through this.

She wrapped the towel around her head and then draped the excess across her face. Her feet led her across the floor and a lump became lodged in her throat. “She could do this,” she thought. She inhaled a breath and passed Abel, nothing.. Her breath caught as she moved past Gabriel. Her eyes caught the slacks that hugged his hips and then lower towards his butt. She blushed and pulled the towel closer. His eyes roved around and she caught her breath as she finally stepped past. A smile of victory spread across her face. “Yes!’ she thought. “Julia!” someone called. “NO!” she cried inwardly. She never stopped; her feet kept moving before something caught her arm. She gasped as her hand was pulled back. The towel went tumbling off her head. She cried out as she came face to face with Gabe. “NO!” she called.

Her hands reached out for the towel as he pulled her. “Julia?” he called again. She groaned. Before she could pull the towel for cover though he pulled it off. “Damn you!” she called. The stupid sexy smirk lit up his face. “I’d know those sexy legs anywhere,” he said with a chuckle. Julia sighed and stopped struggling. There was no use now she was caught. “Julia!” he called before he practically lifted her off the ground. His arms encircled her and he drew her and the bouquet in, his lips connected with hers and for a moment she was lost in her dream. “Uh hem,” Abel coughed. Julia drew back and blushed. Gabriel put her down and smiled. “You’re up he called. Julia nodded and smiled. “I still can’t remember though,” she said. Gabe’s face became serious. “Don’t worry everything has been taken of,” he said. Julia’s eyebrows furrowed. “I spoke to the doctor he said you can go once he has checked you out.” Julia nodded and then turned to head back to her bed with glee. She was shocked at his reaction and in her core something glowed. Something warm that glowed brighter and descended to her toes. “Mhmm Mhmm,” Gabe said. She turned back and then her face contorted. “His eyes were drawn to her and she remembered the slit at the back. “Shoot,” she thought as the stupid smirk lit up his face.

****************************

Author’s note

****************************

Hey everyone I hope that everyone is great and I am so sorry for the late update. One word---Exams lol . Anyway I’m back in the game now and you will be hearing from me soon. Hope you enjoy. Thank you for everything.