Broken Bottles: chapter 23

"I love you."

The three words rattled around inside my head as I tried to make sense of them. They were just three tiny words with no real power when said separately in different contexts, but strung together they were one of the most powerful phrases to exist.

I loved Danny. I loved Danny since he stood up for me against my dad at the bowling alley. I loved Danny, but I was afraid my idea of love was wrong. My whole life had been nothing, but experiences that had skewed my perception of love. I thought fathers were supposed to love their children, but my dad hadn't. I thought mother's were supposed to love their kids so much that they could never leave them, but my mom was gone. I thought you were supposed to love your siblings for the advice and guidance they give not because you depend on them for your survival. All the love I had and hadn't received in my life made me question if what I felt for Danny was the right kind of love or my minds own manifestation of my messed up idea of love.

I looked at Danny on the other side of the car. His eyes were big and round and despite the darkness around us it seemed like his entire body was glowing. The air around us was silent, but my head was screaming those three words at me over and over again.

After my few seconds of silence Danny gave me a tiny nod of understanding. My eyes were beaming with love for him, but my mouth refused to speak. We got out of the car and made our way up to the house. Every light was off which told us Danny's parents were already asleep.

"Amber and Jade are staying over a friends house tonight, but they will be home in the morning when we tell them about u—." Danny said as we were taking our shoes off, but I cut him off.

I tugged on Danny's shoulder to turn him around and then gave him a long, hard kiss. He quickly reciprocated with his own lips and grabbed my hips. I deepened the kiss and clung onto the back of his shirt like my life depended on it. He slowly started guiding us in the direction of the stairs all while continuing our kisses. We clumsily made it up the stairs and into his bedroom several kisses later. He pulled away from me completely to shut the door quietly.

"We have to be quiet, my parents bedroom is at the end of the hall." Danny said once he turned back towards me.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I said boldly and closed the distance between us once again. Our lips crashed together and we took turns taking off each others suit jackets and ties until we were both just in shirts and pants. My legs soon ran into the end of Danny's bed. I fell back onto it and Danny came with me. He hovered over me a loving hunger in his eyes and attacked my neck with kisses. I tugged on the top buttons of his shirt and watched as he sat back to take it off. He then helped me with my own and dropped it beside the bed. He started kissing up and down my torso before finally resting his lips on the skin right below my ear lobe. My body shivered in bliss at the contact and he continued sucking at the same spot until I was completely relaxed beneath him.

"Can I?" He whispered in my ear. His fingers were tracing the button on my suit bottoms.

"Yes." I breathily answered.

Danny unbuttoned my pants and slid them down my legs and then tugged them off completely. He then stood up off the bed and did the same with his own. We never broke eye contact the entire time and neither of us said a word. Once his suit pants were off he climbed back on the bed and hovered over me. He kissed me slowly and gently before finally touching me through my boxers. I let out low moans as Danny continued and he kept kissing me to muffle them. Danny eventually replaced his palm with himself after asking permission. His hips rolled against my lower half and I occasionally met him halfway by lifting my hips up. The feeling was pure bliss, but I could tell we both wanted more.