TWENTY-SIX

Photo Credit: party-partyslate.com, invite altered from-friendsofbassett.org and wallcoveringsmart.com

No notes here on purpose.  Enjoy!

***

"I am enjoying the evening, yes, but the whole day has been lovely." She relaxed and gave Graham a soft smile as she looked up at his handsome face. "I found the most beautiful hand-made-Valentine on the front seat of my car this morning. By lunchtime, an enormous bouquet of roses arrived at the office. Not half an hour ago, a very handsome gentleman picked me up in a limousine." She sighted dramatically, "I can only hope the dinner is as good as my dance partner."

They never flirted this way when they weren't in public. None the less, Graham had to admit that flirting with her felt natural. Wait! Since When? Shut up fool, don't over analyze and just enjoy the beautiful woman in your arms.

And Ray was beautiful, dressed as she was in red with her dark hair falling over her shoulders and framing her face. Her red lips glittered in the low lights and he smelled roses...and a sofa musk. He turned his head toward her hair and breathed deeply. And vanilla.

"I hear the dessert is to die for." Graham whispered near her ear with a smile, remembering vanilla lip gloss and the kisses he might steal later.

"I can hardly wait." Arayna smiled coyly as she thought of the auction.

After a second dance, Graham led them back to their table where they were soon joined by another couple and two men.

Arayna made note of the empty places and wondered if these handsome faces were some of the auction candidates or if their dates were merely in the powder room.

Dinner arrived in five courses, each more delicious than the last.

Graham watched as Ray enjoyed every bite of the dessert: chocolate cake with custard filling and cherry topping drizzled over the fudge frosting. She lingered over each bite, and all but moaned in delight.

He set his fork down as he realized that he was not the only one at the table who watched her. His own appetite soured as he tried very hard not to be jealous. Odd that he should feel jealous. He never felt jealous over Pamela, and he had no real claim to Ray's affections. He was being ridiculous, of course.

"Oh, my heavens." Ray smiled and leaned back in her chair as she set her fork on the empty plate. "that was positively divine and I am not ashamed to admit I thoroughly enjoyed every bite."

Graham noticed servers bringing carts from the back of the room and leaned close. So that she could hear him more clearly, but definitely not so that he could breathe in the rosy, musky, vanilla scent of her warm soft very sexy self.

"There is one more course."

"I don't think I can eat another bite." She sighed and rested a hand on her stomach.

Graham smiled softly. Ray was so beautiful, and she didn't even know that she enchanted the men at the table. A silver tray was set on the table containing a variety of giant-sized chocolate-dipped strawberries. Ray's red glossy lips turned to a perfectly round O as she looked them over. Ray jumped when the champagne cork popped and giggled as she watched the waiter pour her a glass.

Arayna waited for Graham's glass to be filled before reaching for her own and lifting it to him.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Graham." She smiled so sweetly at him that his heart skipped a beat.

"Happy Valentine's Day, my dear." He answered as he tipped his glass against hers.

Lord but she's beautiful in candle light.