Chapter 2 - Replacement

Do you remember our first party together Dixie? You got to my joint party before the horde of drunk teenagers arrived. You and Kat sat me down and gave me a run through of who was a go go and who was a no no. In that moment I thought, okay maybe it won't be so bad kat leaving! I've got Dixie to rely on. That was my first mistake.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

7PM ISNT TOO early to get ready for a party right? Well not according to Sheri and I. We were joined by a few other girls from the cheer squad, Giovanna and Kelsi. I fight my way to my vanity to start making myself look somewhat presentable. I decide to just apply some light make up and curl my hair.

"Wow Dixie, curling your hair? Someone's looking to impress tonight" Gio comments.

"Impress Monty? He'll be impressed just by the fact I'm wearing jeans tonight. Plus I dress for myself not anyone else. Unlike you Gio"

"Times have certainly changed. Remember the first time you and I got ready here? You couldn't decide which dress Jeff would like the most. She took literally 10 minutes. It was tragic" Sheri laughs.

"Okay Sheri, jeeze"

By the mention of Jeff Atkins the mood amongst the 4 of us changes for the worse. Everyone loved Jeff, the star athlete that treated girls at liberty with the respect we all deserved. Nobody knew that my love for Jeff ran deeper than most. Jeff Atkins was my first proper boyfriend. It was me that decided to keep the relationship secret. I didn't want anyone getting inbetween us. It wasn't other people I should have been worried about though. It was my own insecurities that lead to our break up.

Most people that have listened to Hannah's tapes blame Sheri for Jeff's death. It wasn't only Sheri's fault though. It was Hannah's for being such a drama queen. If Hannah hadn't of bumped into Sheri that night, Jeff would still be alive. Eventually all 4 of us are ready, we make our way to my car and I drive us to Bryce's latest party. Glancing towards Hannah's house, Mrs Baker catches my attention. I throw her a small wave which she doesn't return.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

Dixie made her way across the street to the newest party which was being thrown by Hannah/Kat. Kat had used this party as an excuse to introduce Hannah to the rest of liberty high. Dixie had arrived just as Kat was running through the go go and no no's of liberty high.

"Tyler Down, he's a good photographer but he's definitely a no no. Jeff Atkins, a huge go go. He's the sweetest jock in liberty. Not many brains but who needs brains when he looks that pretty right Dixie?" Kat questions.

"Hey, he's not that dumb Kat. At least he's trying"

"Oh this is Hannah baker. Hannah baker this is.."