Chapter 4 - Abandoned

Everybody in liberty knows that Tyler down is a creep right? Everyone but Dixie that is. I mean you don’t see the bad in Justin, you don’t see the bad in Bryce, you certainly don’t see the bad in Montgomery so why did I ever think that you would believe me about Tyler?

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

A BANG ON THE door of the pool house startled me awake. Feeling around for Monty, I was upset to find that he must've left during the night. Dragging myself off the sofa, I go and answer the door. Surprisingly to no one, standing on the other side is an annoyed Bryce walker.

"What do you want Bryce" I question stepping aside for him to enter.

"What do I want? You're the one that crashed at my house after throwing Dempsey's water all over me. Oh and you've taken some of my pills too. What the fuck Dixie?"

"I'm sorry Bee. I just had such a bad day yesterday. My mom started on monts and I, then Jess and you just put the cherry on top of a bad bad day"

"Its a good thing I love you pix or I would have thrown your ass out last night" He's laughs out.

"Hey, when did you see me last night?"

"After school. I assumed you'd be here so I came to check on you" Bryce says with a shrug of his broad shoulders.

"Was Monty here?"

"Nope, you were alone. All snuggled up. Cute really. I had to resist joining you" Bryce comments, his words laced with a flirty undertone.

"You're disgusting sometimes" I sneer.

"I'm a red blooded male, what can I say? Anyway, I came to tell you that the maid has made some Mexican stuff for breakfast"

"You do know she's Guatemalan right?" I correct the ignorant boy I call my best friend.

"Yeah, sure I do" He guides me out of the pool house towards the main house. We make our way to the dining room, the smell of Maria's amazing cooking floating all through the home. She greets us both with a warm, friendly smile and informs up what she had cooked up. I thank her as she leaves to continue her jobs for the day. Half way through the breakfast, Bryce and I's phones ding in unison signalling that we had both received a text message. To my shock, I open up the message from Clay Jensen to see Tyler Down's bare ass.

"Well I guess he's on Tyler's tape now" Bryce comments. A sick feeling overcomes me, knowing he's getting ever closer to my tape. Ever closer to him knowing why Hannah baker killed herself.

"Hey babe, don't worry about any of this okay? You know I'll protect you no matter what. Just like you've always protected me. Hannah's tapes don't mean shit" Bryce reassures me with a cuddle.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

Dixie and Hannah hadn't been on the best of terms lately. Ever since the brown haired girl had got closer to Jess and in turn, Jess getting closer to Justin. All three girls friendships had become increasingly strained. After lunch, Dixie made her way to the girls bathrooms to freshen up her make up. A quiet sobbing caught her attention. It was coming from the middle stall.