Chapter 8 - Anger

Dixie, Bryce and Justin. The best friends. The trio. The 3 worst people i have ever met but to everyone else these are liberty highs finest. 2 of you were there on the worst night of my life. One of you perpetrated it and one of you stayed back, watched it happen and didn't help. You, Dixie Miller, are as bad as Bryce walker if not worse.

̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ »̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

4 DAYS. THAT'S HOW long it's been since I last spoke to Monty. 4 Days since that stupid argument. I had to go back to school because I couldn't miss anymore cheer practice. I see him in the halls, every day I wish that I could just swallow my damn pride and apologize to him for being an idiot but my pride wins every time. Bryce decides to have a poker night after school, inviting all the usual suspects. I arrive at the Walkers at around 8, thankfully missing the set up for once. Everyone is already there except for Justin and Alex. Justin is always late to everything so I think nothing of his absence. I grab myself a beer and take a seat at the table where an intense game of poker is currently in play.

"Well look who it isn't" Bryce greets me with his signature smirk.

"Bee. Nice turn out"

"Isn't it just"

10 minutes later and the only person winning is Jess. She's wiping the floor with the boys. Growing bored of Jess showing off, i glance around the room. Locking eyes with Monty, I give him a small smile which he returns instantly.

"Have you spoken to him yet?" Zach asks.

"No, I can't"

"Yes you can. Just stop being so stubborn and talk it out"

"He hates me" I admit, defeated.

"Dixie he adores you. You're both just too full of pride. Go talk to him before it's too late"

I listen to Zach's advice and make my way over to the boy wearing his usual flannel. Sitting down next to him, everyone else leaves; giving us the privacy we need.

"Hey"

"Hey" He replies awkwardly.

"I've been meaning to call"

"Then why didn't you?"

"A phone works both ways you know" I raise my voice, annoyed at his tone.

"If you just came over here for another argument I'm just gonna leave" He says about to stand up.

"No wait. I didn't. I came over here to apologize. I didn't think about your feelings and im sorry. You didn't think about mine either though. You really hurt my arm when you grabbed me" I explain unconsciously rubbing the spot where the bruises have long faded.

"I shouldn't have grabbed you like that. Its not right. It will never happen again. I'm sorry Dixie. I love you more than you'll ever know"

"And I love you. To the moon and back" I respond, a light blush reaching my cheeks.

"Can we make a promise to each other?"