14 | Rebuilt Bonds | 14

Ahaha funny number chapter.
I believe you're all owed some fluff, so here's a 2200 word chapter with some.
Enjoy. Love ya <3   ~ Owl

~~~

-George's POV-

"So walk me through that again."

Clay rolls his eyes playfully, hissing as I clean the wound on his head he was stubborn enough not to have checked over by Darryl. At least he remembered to get some medical supplies, so I can use my shitty first aid skills to patch him up.

"Nick and I were friends. He left me, I now know that it was to protect me, to join the elite assassins." I made sure to clarify what Nick had told me, thinking it only right we got everything out in the open.

No more secrets, no more lies.

Clay in return agreed to explain his past to me. Something he seemed nervous about, until he started talking. Five minutes later, and he still hasn't shut up about all the things him and Nick got up to. They were close friends, that much is obvious. Clay clearly misses him too.

"So I came in search of my soulmate, as I can't stand being alone. Then I stumbled across you." He pokes my side with his gloved hand. "Shame, of all the people I could've found, it was you."

"Touché. Are you suggestion it would've been better for you if I wasn't found just before I was about to die?"

"Hah. GeorgeNotFound" he snorts. I give him a confused look, not understanding the joke at all. "Why is it funny?"

The blonde shrugs. "No idea. Just was."

"You have such a weird sense of humour" I sigh, taking his hand to hold his arm straight while I bandage it with the other.

It takes an embarrassing amount of strength to ignore the warmth of his hands, how our fingers interlock perfectly as if they were made to be together.

You're being weird again George...

But can I just...

Clay hisses in pain again, and I use that as my excuse to take his hand. I smile at him sweetly, brushing my thumb over the back of his hand. "Thanks" he winces, trying his best to hide the pain beneath. He seems almost embarrassed by it.

Cute...

Shoving that thought aside, I focus back on... him. Which doesn't really help, as he's not wearing his mask. So I'm left staring at his pretty face, too busy getting lost in his eyes to bandage properly.

"If you ever enrol as an elite assassin, you better use that as your name" he smiles. Strangely enough, I like it. Yes that may be because he made up the name, but I'm not willing to admit that to him or myself.

"Maybe I will." The thought of me as an assassin is ridiculous. I don't have the capacity to kill my target, let alone anyone else's. "So why does everyone call you Dream?" I ask, genuinely curious. He's not an assassin, so why does he have a code name?

"I'm surprised you didn't ask that earlier." I can tell he contemplates if he should tell me the truth or not, which is unsettling. Trust is something I don't have, and need to get back. People need to earn trust, and he's not helping.

"As ridiculous as it may seem, Nick isn't the only one to have turned down an offer to the silent assassins." My mouth stupidly falls open as he speaks. Dream, an elite assassin?!

Possibly, yet he isn't.

"I turned it down for two reasons. One:" he holds up a finger as he talks, listing the reasons off. "Same reason as Nick, didn't want to leave my friends. Two:" he holds up another finger. "I'm not stupid."