27 | Call Me Boyfriend | 27

-Clay's POV-

George retaliates almost instantly. "You wouldn't want to be around your murderer, that's ridiculous. You expect that since I killed you, I should have to revive you."

"George-"

"It makes sense. You've seen the mess it makes of me. You're here to help me kill my target so you can be revived."

"Georgie-"

"It's fine, I get it. I'll kill Darryl, and you can be revived. Then you don't have to see me ever again. You can go see Nick and be happy. I'll never come anywhere near you ever again. I'm sorry you don't get a soulmate."

"Sunshine-"

"Don't call me that" George spits. "You don't mean it. I did, I did before I ever knew I was supposed to be with you. I'm sorry you kissed back because you felt bad, and I'm sorry that this happened."

"That's not true" George's glare suggests he doesn't believe a word of it. There's something in his eyes, regretful and sorrowful now that he's recalled everything that happens. "I kissed you because I love you, not because I felt bad."

"You're a liar." George tugs his wrist from my grip, catching a glimpse of his soulmate band. Pure black, contradicting the beautifully coloured one around my own wrist.

"Nobody could love me, not even you. I know that, it's nothing new." His words cut off as he chokes them out, his legs shaking and turning weak. Eyes on the floor, which widen as he takes everything in. "I was stupid to think you'd be different. I'm not blaming you, you have every reason to hate me."

"No, I don't." I rush over to George, putting my arms under his to help steady him. He shoves me away, meeting my eyes for a few seconds. "That's what the huge gash across your forehead is from" he breathes shakily. "It's from me. I dropped my knife over your head instead of your throat. It was me, I did it."

I take a few steps back, George backing up into the door. "I'm a monster" he mutters, over and over. "I killed you. I'm a monster." He tries to open the door, keeping an eye on me at all times.

His legs give way beneath him, and despite his protests, I catch him before he hits the floor. Almost instantly I'm shoved away, causing him to fall the rest of the way down to the floor.

"Get away from me!" He thrashes his legs out like a child, one narrowly missing me. Knowing I can't interfere, I sit there and watch it happen.

It hurts to see, my soulmate echoing those four words over and over. Each one gets quieter and quieter, until there's tears in his eyes and I can barely understand his gasping breaths.

"George" I start quietly after letting the silence drag out for a few minutes. "I'm not going to hurt you, and you won't hurt me. I don't hate you, not for what you did. If it was anyone else I would, and not because you're my soulmate."

George seems to have lost the energy to fight back. He sits with his back against the door, legs spread out in front of him but no longer thrashing. Eyes glistening with tears, reflecting the light like they always do. It's less pretty when he cries, but he's still beautiful.

"If you'd have known I wasn't Darryl, would you have killed me?" A slow shake of his head. "Exactly. It's not your fault you're colourblind, and I don't hold anything against you over what happened."

"You're gorgeous, George, and you don't realise it. All you look at is the negatives, but you're so much more than that. I know I haven't been the greatest soulmate or even the greatest friend, and I'm sorry too."

"Don't ever say you don't deserve to be loved, because it's not true. You deserve a soulmate, and you deserve friends and people to care about you. Don't let some people from the past blind your vision. You deserve love. And I still love you, sunshine. I love you."