Chapter 9- "Smile"

Narrator-

The following morning, Liliana was a nervous wreck.

Her mind kept thinking of different scenarios where anything could go wrong on the trip, and that could land her in a lot of trouble. Her heart was racing even before she was ready to leave from her house.

As Liliana did her hair, she received a call from none other than Chamille.

"Hello?" Liliana greeted softly, and Chamille replied with a chirpy "hello!"
"Chamille? I am so happy to hear from you, I'm glad that you're doing okay, but It's like five in the morning, why are you up so early? Shouldn't you be resting?" Liliana found her mouth running off before she could stop herself.
"I am resting, but I just wanted to call to see how you're feeling. I am so sorry you have to face him by yourself on your first solo shift, but I know you're going to be fine." Chamille encouraged, and Liliana replied "thank you, but if by any chance he complains that I tried to murder him with a wine bottle, it won't be my fault."
"Oh stop it. I know you're going to enjoy your private time alone with him, just play it cool." Chamille instructed, and Liliana face palmed herself as she asked "are you really forgetting the part where he's my boss?"
"Yeah so? Its not like it would be the first time someone got involved with their boss." Chamille remarked in a matter of fact tone, and Liliana laughed as she said "Chamille I love you, but I am going to hang up now."
"Yeah, yeah. If you guys kiss I want all the dirty details!" Chamille added quickly, just as Liliana said "bye Chamille."

Shaking her head as she cut off the call, Liliana looked at her reflection, while she absentmindedly began to wonder if anything was going to happen between her and the man she calls her boss. Then she shook her head some more and laughed at she said "not happening."

After her unexpected call, Liliana finished preparing herself, and just as she brought her small luggage to the front door, the driver called and let her know that he was outside.

Liliana frowned when she opened the door to reveal a younger Caucasian male with blond hair and boyish smile, and she almost forgot that Carlos was not going to be here this morning.

Apparently his injuries were a bit more serious, and he'd have to be out of work for at least a month.

Liliana wanted to reach out to him to see how he was holding up, but she didn't have his number, and if she asked Chamille it would just be a string of endless questions and speculations. Something Lili didn't need this early morning.

After grabbing her bag and entering the vehicle, Liliana leaned against the back of her seat and tried to give herself a pep talk. When that didn't ease her nerves, she went over her training with Chamille, as well as the dos and don'ts of flying with Mr. Cavalier.

After going through the entire list, thrice, and her heart was still racing in her chest, she decided to call her mom.

"Hello." Her mom answered groggily, and Liliana almost felt bad for disturbing her.
"Mom..." Liliana called out.
"Lili? Are you okay?" Her mom asked, sounding a bit more awake.
"Not really. You know when the office called me last night?" Liliana asked.
"Yeah." The mom replied, as if waiting for Liliana to continue.
"Well my solo shift has been moved up to today." Liliana blurted.
"Oh well that's great honey, but you already told me that." Her mom supported.
"No mom it's not great. I'm flying with my boss! By myself." Liliana whisper-yelled into the phone, trying to avoid the driver hearing her conversation. 
"By yourself? Well what happened to Chamille?" Her mom asked, and Liliana explained "well she got into an accident while going home last night. She's fine, just a few bumps and bruises, but she is not yet cleared to fly." 
"Oh, I see. Well if anything at least he's a hot client." The mom noted, and Liliana face palmed herself as she said "ma really? You're supposed to help ease my nerves because I am freaking out!"
"Well Lili what can I say? You've flown with him before, you already know how to handle the flight and what you're supposed to do. Just don't stress yourself out. I'm sure he won't bite you. Now go in there, and be the best damn hostess you can be." Her mom pepped, and Liliana breathed out, though a little shaky, she felt much better.
"Thanks mom. I'll let you know when we land." Liliana stated sincerely.
"Make sure you do. Have a good shift love." With those words Liliana ended the call just as the driver pulled into the tarmac where Mr. Cavalier's plane waited.