Chapter 33- "The Ring" Part- 2

Narrator- 

Three hours after breakfast, Liliana was stepping out of Frantz's plane, and onto New York soil. The sun was out, and it was a beautiful day for a ball. During the flight, Lili didn't have to play hostess since it was her day off, so she simply distracted herself by reading her books. Well, she made a show of distracting herself, though the book in all honesty served as an object Liliana used to scrutinize while she felt Frantz constantly watching her.

Liliana-

After Frantz burst through my door last night and caught me off guard with his declaration, I've felt as though I haven't been able to breathe correctly. I was now constantly conscious of his eyes on me. And the more I felt him staring, the harder I prayed. No one told me that staying abstinent was going to be this difficult. And every time I slip up and allow myself to be taken over by lust, I never fail to mentally scold myself. 

I have never been in this serious of a relationship, and it occurred to me that any little thing could have Frantz on edge. It was never my intention to set him off this morning, had I remembered all the little high school girl gossip pointers, maybe I would've stopped myself from rubbing against his body, though it was unintentional. 

I had to admit, I did feel bad, and maybe a little concerned for Frantz. 

He said he loved me, and I was over the moon, but I still feared that he wouldn't wait much longer. This fear caused me to bite my lip in apprehension. He was an experienced man. He has known pleasure from a woman, yet here I was restraining him from his manly nature. Was I being selfish? 

Before I went any further, I shook my head to stop myself from doubting. Of course I wasn't being selfish. This was my decision, it was my body, it was my heart on the line, and I had to do anything in my power to protect myself. 

Not that I feared that Frantz would hurt me. He has proven to me over and over how much he cares for me. And when he spoke of his brother, I realized that this was not something he did for everyone. I hated myself for this, but for a moment, I wondered if he had shared this heartfelt story with Christina. But as soon as I thought of her name, my stomach churned with nausea. I didn't want to think about that woman. 

Taking a deep breath, I chanced a look towards Frantz who had opened his laptop and had begun typing away. When he read over his work, he had this cure habit of furrowing his brow deeply, as he muttered his words on his lips. And if he wasn't doing that, then he had the signature lean against his elbow, with his index finger resting against his lips. 

"See something you like Ms. Chavez?" He asked, though his eyes remained on the screen, and slightly embarrassed that I had been caught, I scoffed and said, "hardly."
"Well I am offended." He said wounded.
"As you should be," I replied, then added, "you should never assume Mr. Cavalier." 
"Who said it was an assumption?" He smiled, and I simply shrugged, and looked away, unable to stop the smile that lingered on my lips.
"Don't turn from me when you're smiling, I love seeing you smile." He complimented, and I giggled, unable to stop myself from hiding my face. He laughed at my reaction, and I shook my head. How did I fall so hard for this man? I would never know. But I knew one thing for sure, and it was that I loved him with all my heart. 

Narrator-

The couple finished their trip in comfortable silence, when they landed Frantz had Armagio take he and Lili to his hotel, and there they had a quick lunch before they headed to a dress shop. The moment Liliana stepped foot in the store, her jaw hit the ground. 

She didn't even have to look at the price tags to know that these outfits were expensive.

Dresses upon dresses of different shades and colors, and lengths graced the halls and aisles of the store. Liliana looked around in wonder then she gulped as turned to Frantz and said, "this is too much, Frantz I'm used to fancy dresses from Burlington, but this is overwhelming." 
"Lili babe, why can't you just appreciate the idea that I want to spoil you and make you happy?" Frantz asked her softly, "because money doesn't make me happy Frantz, you do. I-I'm not used to this, and I don't want you spending money on a dress I may never wear again."
"Alright, let's make a deal. We buy this one dress, and next time I'll let you pick the place you want to shop." Frantz decided to bargain with Liliana. He didn't want to overwhelm her, and he was willing to compromise.
Liliana looked into Frantz's eyes, but realized that he wasn't going to back off his deal, so with a huff, and an "alright," Liliana agreed.