Chapter 26- "What do you want?"

Narrator-

As soon as Mr. Cavalier exited the suite, Liliana turned to her mother and asked, "why did you ask him over for dinner?"
Her mother turned and raised a sharp eyebrow towards her, causing Liliana to look down apologetically, as she explained "I mean, I'm sure he has important matters to attend to."
"Well if he did, he would've declined. I just want to show my gratitude for his help, nothing more." Her mother explained, then she gave a suspicious raise of her head as she fixed her daughter with a firm gaze and asked "Why do I get the feeling that you don't want him around? Did he do something to you?" Her mother asked, her interrogating tone making Liliana uneasy. 
"No... Its just-"
"You like him, but you fear what might happen if you allow yourself to be vulnerable to him." Her mother cut her off, and Liliana's shoulders slumped as she said "well that, and-"
"And you feel like the more you push him away, the harder you're falling for him, which means that distance is not going to get rid of your feelings." Her mom continued, and Liliana had no other choice to remain silent. What more could she say? Her mother hit it right on the money. There was no way she could argue that. 
Chuckling, her mother patted her cheek, and simply said "go wash up, I'll order dinner." 

With a smile of her own, Liliana stepped away to the nearest bathroom. When she saw her reflection in the mirror, she gulped and winced as her finger softly hovered above the bruise on her left cheek. She made eye contact with her reflection, then blushed as her fingers traveled and lingered on her lips. Liliana sighed, closing her eyes as two strands of tears escaped her eyes. 

Mr. Cavalier was in love with her, and she didn't know how to feel about it. 

As much as she was over the moon with this new knowledge, she hated that she still held on to an inkling of doubt that one day he could still break her heart, and Liliana had to wonder... what was she afraid of? 

Shaking her head, Liliana tried to not dwell much on the fact. She sniffled and wiped her tears then proceeded to wash her hands, and face with cool water. Then she dried her hands and face, and returned to the living area, where she found her parents sitting snuggly against each other. Looking at their smiling faces from afar, Liliana had a smile of her own, and she could only hope that she would one day have a love and bond, which was as strong as her parents' love and bond. 

Liliana was taken out of her trance when a knock sounded from the door. Telling her parents that she would get it, Liliana headed to the door and opened it to reveal a chef from the Hotel's restaurant, with a cart carrying various platters covered with silver domes. Opening the door wider, and allowing ample space for the cart to pass, Liliana made way for the smiling chef, who quietly placed the meals on the set table in the dining room, then with an "Enjoy", he exited with the cart. 

"Liliana, go ahead and phone Mr. Cavalier to let him know that dinner is ready." Lili's mother instructed, and with a nod, Liliana headed to the nearest phone, and called the front desk, asking to be redirected to Mr. Cavalier's suite. While the phone rang and Liliana waited for him to pick up, she felt the anticipation reflect in her stomach in a wave of butterflies, and when his baritone voice echoed through the phone with an "hello?", Liliana felt her heart flutter.
"Hi," Liliana greeted dumbly, and she could automatically picture his smile as he greeted casually, "hello."
"Um, mom says that dinner is ready," Liliana explained, then she said "I mean my mom! not your mom... obviously she's not your mom, you have you own mom, which I'm sure you love, but my mom is not your mom, my mom is well... my mom, and now I'm babbling, but my mom wanted you to know that dinner is ready-" Liliana began to babble, as she felt her nerves take toll on her tongue, "Liliana," Frantz cut off her rambling, "yes?", Liliana replied, the excitement coating her voice sounding alien to her ears, "please let your mom know that I'll be there in a few minutes."
"Okay." Liliana gulped, then she hung up the phone, feeling another sudden wave of excitement wash over her body from head to toe, and she smiled absentmindedly, her heart palpitating at the thought that Frantz would be having dinner with her parents.