╰ 𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 | 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

MANDATORY INFORMATION:
𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘥
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯.
𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

⊱ ━━━. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ . .━━━ ⊰

𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘
ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵃʳᵉ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵗᵉʳᵐˢ ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵏⁿᵒʷ

𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐑𝐊
╰ a quirk, also known as a meta ability, is a special superhuman ability that a person can have. along with being unique to each user, quirks are compartmentalized into multiple categories. quirk users are also limited to one ability (the majority of the time)and are thus unable to achieve any other.

ex) "wait, everyone has a quirk but me."

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄
╰  in order to continue the original plot of the manga, the writer/artist summons characters to the stage, which is ultimately in the form of the published comic panels. during this state, characters on the stage aren't able to behave the way they wish to and rather, speak and move according to the writer's will. the stage can also be altered beforehand if anything that happened in the shadow world has a huge impact on the original storyline, whether it's caused by an extra or a character, who has an ego. the only exception of when a change can occur on stage is when someone (usually one with an ego) does something that aligns with the character's personality and it's enough to trigger an action/reaction.

ex) "so everything i've read so far... happens when they're on the stage."

𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃
╰ the shadow world can be generally described as whatever happens behind the scenes. meaning, anything that isn't shown in the comic panels. characters, who remain during this time, can act autonomously and have full control of their actions. once the scene changes and characters are called upon to the stage, they will no longer be able to remember what happened in the shadow world. however, those who develop a separate ego from their character persona will be able to remember the events even if they're on the stage. lastly, the shadow world is still a part of the stage so everything that occurred during a scene, the shadow world continues from then on. just without the spotlight.

ex) gaeun could behave however she wanted to in the shadow world until it was time for the show to start. but even then, if she didn't have a particular job, she could move.

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀
╰ a persona in this definition is the role/personality a character acts within the manga. personas are pre-determined by the writer and they're meant to insinuate future character development.

ex) "that's his character persona. being aloof and cold in the beginning is all because of his goal to surpass the father he hates."

𝐄𝐆𝐎
╰ ego in this definition will be mainly used when one in the manga starts to become aware of him/herself as a separate individual rather than a fictional character created by a writer. once a character has a strong sense of "self", she/he'll be able to behave differently from their designated personas and be in control of their own thoughts and decisions. nonetheless, this complete freedom is only allowed in the shadow world and when they're up on the stage with a determined role, they'll have to do whatever the writer wants to, despite knowing it's an act. if the ego somehow overlaps with their persona at a moment on stage, then the character can break out of the writer's influence and make his/her own choice.

ex) "he's sort of in the state of shock ever since i told him the truth about this dimension and the ego he developed subconsciously."

a character can also lð§ê hêr/hï§ êgð ï£ ║▌│█║▌│█║▌│█│║▌ E̶̛͔̠̎̂͝͝R̴̗͙̬̳͎͇͎̤͒͂Ȓ̷̡̲̝͙̺̪̙̦͎̰̎Ơ̶̧̺͒̿̋͛͜ͅR̵̛̳̮͍̮̤̻̐̎̆̏͘͝͝ ̴͓̟͇̀͒͂̽̌͌͋F̴̛͚̪̺͑̐̓̈́O̴̲͕͍̦͓̗̤̗̒̚Ụ̵̱̋̆͌̏͗̊̈́̎͝͠Ṉ̴̲̹̞͉̭̫̱̓̊͆̆̊D̶̻͒͋͒̈̓̐̚͝͝

RE-LOADING...
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

LOADING IS COMPLETE!
𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦

𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐀
╰ an extra is a character engaged temporarily to fill out a scene in the plot, especially as someone part of the crowd. most of the time, when an extra is only summoned to be part of the background or act briefly, she/he's able to function in complete control of her/himself. however, if whatever mild action an extra initiate interferes with the characters summoned to play out the story, the situation in the scene rewinds, and the characters start acting from the top. in the case of when an extra causes an unfixable impact in the shadow world, which continues to the stage, the writer has no choice but to incorporate the change and alter the storyline to make sense, creating a brand new scene.

ex) "aight, i just need to make myself known to the goddamn writer then so i can leave this extra position and actually engage in the plot."

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃.
░ 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 ░

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ≿━━━༺❀༻━━━≾ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

" 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦, 𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘱 "

a/n: hi :) yes, some of you might be familiar with a couple of these terms because i got inspired by the k-drama, "extraordinary you" and their world since it's a similar situation to the foundational plot i built. therefore, i based the rules and definitions off of the drama so people won't be too confused ! i loved the idea of having a stage and a shadow world in a manga because it sounds more practical (?) so i definitely didn't want to exclude them. anyways, hope everyone's got the terms memorized :0