Away for work (goshi)

Ryoma tossed and turned doing his best to fall asleep. He never could. He hated sleeping anywhere but his own room. It always felt like he was back in prison. The coldness of the hotel's AC made it much worse. He wanted nothing more to be back in bed with his boyfriend's large body wrapped around him, making him feel safe again. His body felt incredibly stiff, his mind was blank. As much as he repeated "it's okay. It's just a hotel." He could feel the cold metal beds from prison on his back.
"It's too late for this shit.."
He knew he was just letting his words into the open air but he needed to hear something. Anything. Before things got out of hand. As Ryoma hopped of the bed to have a cigarette his phone went off.
"Sorry for late message! Gonta wanted to check on you!💕💕💕🐛🐛🥺
-gonta"
Gonta's texts didn't always make a lot of sense, but for the sense they lacked they made up for in emojis. No matter how weird the message was it automatically sent a wave of relief over his body.
"Thanks for the check in. I'm not going great but this should be my last night."
Ryoma's texts are always more carefully formatted
"Gonta wish he could help Ryoma. Can gonta call Ryoma?🥺💕💕💕"
Ryoma didn't see any harm in talking to gonta. It might help him calm down since he'll feel a bit closer to him.
"Yeah go ahead. Hearing your voice will be nice."
A few minutes flew by before his phone rang. Sometimes gonta struggled with technology
"Hello my bumblebee!" He somehow still had the polite touch to his voice, despite the hour.
"Hey gonta. I'm sorry for bothering you so late."
"You never bother gonta! Also Gonta misses you very much. House is very lonely.."
"I'll be back early tomorrow..FUCK." Talking on the phone isn't his favorite thing to do, it makes his anxiety heighten sometimes, so, ryoma was fidgeting with his lighter and ended up burning his finger.
"What happened?! Is ryoma okay?!" Gonta was yelling so loud, Ryoma was 99% sure the neighbors heard
"Nothing nothing. Just burned my hand on my lighter and it shocked me."
"Shocked you? I thought lighters were for burning?"
"No..gonta..I meant like..surprised me."
"Oh. Sorry..gonta not smart boy."
"Nah you're good. I could've phrased it better."
Ryoma laid back down on the bed, it was more comfortable now. He no longer felt the harsh chill of metal, but rather the soft touch of the sheets.
"If ryoma says so! Oh yeah! Did gonta tell ryoma about the new bug gonta found?"
"No not yet I don't think. Tell me about it." Hoshi loved when gonta would talk about his work or his interests. Some would describe Gonta's voice as harsh or too loud but it was perfect to Ryoma. No matter where he was, his boyfriend's voice would make him feel safe. After a few minutes gonta heard some soft snores from the other side of the phone, feeling happy he did a gentlemanly thing today. He hung up the phone "gentleman make boyfriend feel safe!"

///This ship is so cute it makes my heart go 💕💕💕