The Boy in The Iceberg

Book One|WaterChapter 1

Book One|Water
Chapter 1

-Reader's Point Of View-

I was sitting at the middle of the canoe observing my brother, Sokka with a bored face as he looks at the side of the canoe that we are riding on holding a spear, at ready, while my sister, Katara simply looks at the water on the other side of the boat. After a few seconds, a fish suddenly came into view as it swims closely to the surface in front of my brother, who looks at it with focus.

"It's not getting away from me this time." Our brother says with a grin on his face, then he looked at me and Katara with a confident look, "Watch and learn, ladies. This is how you catch a fish."

I look at Sokka and roll my eyes while Katara simply looks at him.

"We can't wait to learn from you, Master Sokka," I said sarcastically with a posh accent making Katara giggle while Sokka shot me a glare, I look at him with an innocent smile, he gave me a look and focuses back at the fish in front of him. Katara and I turn to the other side of the boat looking at the water. When suddenly a fish swims closely towards us, making us a bit surprised.

I look at the fish and then to Katara. "This is the perfect time for you to practice the trick that I taught you," I whispered to her not wanting to break Sokka's focus on the fish knowing how mad he gets when we use our 'Magic Water'.

Katara looks at me and gives a quick look at our brother, she looks back at me with a smile and nod. She removes her glove on her left hand and looks at the fish in front of us, she took a deep breath and started to make hand motions.

Not a moment later, a bubble of rippling water with a fish started to float in the air. "I-I did it, Little Sis! I caught one!" My sister enthusiastically said to me with a proud look on her face as she makes circular movements with both of her hands.

I excitedly clap and praise my sister. "Good job, Katara!" I cheerfully said with a smile on my face. I look at Sokka excitedly, "Sokka, look Big Sis did it!".

"Shhh! You guys, you are scaring it away." Sokka whisper yelled. He was to focus on the fish to even realize us.

"But-!" I tried to say as Katara struggles to keep the bubble floating in mid-air.

 "SHH!" Our brother whisper yelled still looking at the fish with a full-on focus face making me pout. 

"She caught one..." I muttered under my breath as I look at the bubble of water floating in the air. The bubble with Katara's fish slowly started to drift above Sokka's head. Sokka raises his spear to strike the fish he was following. 

'Oh no.' Me and Katara thought at the same time.

He bursts the bubble of water with the blunt end of his weapon, causing Katara to lose control of the water; it rains down on Sokka, soaking him, he yelps at the sudden feeling of water dripping down upon him.