Rescuing the Avatar

Book One|WaterChapter 7

Book One|Water
Chapter 7

-(Name)'s Point of View-

I, Katara, and Sokka sit on top of Appa, who has still not gone airborne but instead swimming in the water. I sat on top of Appa's head holding his reins while Katara and Sokka are on Appa's saddle. We are trying our best on how to make Appa fly since he still not gone airborne and I suggested that we should try commands... and I regretted it.

"Go. Fly..." Sokka unenthusiastically said as he leisurely sits at the end of Appa's saddle unamused by the situation we are in. "Soar."

I sigh and glare at Sokka's attempt at helping our bison friend from flying. I sigh and fiddle with the bowstring of my arrow, it's golden shine glistens under the sun, I caress Appa's head making him growl in return.

"Please, Appa. We need you... Aang needs you..." I pleadingly said only for Appa to grunt at me making me sigh once more and turn around to look at Katara.

Katara, who is sitting at the saddle facing me, saw my distress and gives me an encouraging smile.

"Don't worry we will save Aang, we just need to find a way for Appa to fly." She said making me smile at her a bit hopeful.

"Up. Ascend. Elevate." Sokka blandly spouted out words causing Katara and me to turn our heads to face our brother and glare at him.

"Will you stop that." Katara hisses at him but he ignores her and keeps on spouting synonymous words out of his mouth.

(Name) sigh and shook her head she then looks down at Appa and let out a small smile.

"Sokka doesn't believe you can fly, but I and Katara do." said while stroking Appa's fur. "Come on don't you want to save Aang?"

The said bison grunts at my response causing a sigh to escape my lips once again. Me and Katara look at each other with worried faces.

"Hey. What did the kid say again?" Sokka asked making me and Katara look at him with questioning faces. He then crosses his arms and spouted out words, "Yee-haw? Hup-hup? Waa-hoo? Yip-yap?"

I furrow my eyebrows and started to think when a memory of Aang started to come up in my brain.

'Appa, yip-yip!'

I then snap right out of my thoughts and started to smile. I then look down at Appa.

"Appa, Yip-yip!" I commanded and flick his reins.

-Narrator's Point of View-

After (Name) said those two words Appa started to look at her his eye glints. His body started to prompt making startling the three siblings, Appa's head started to bob in the water as he grunts at (Name). (Name) understand what he is telling her and grip the reins tightly.