The Abandoned Fire Navy

Book One|WaterChapter 4

Book One|Water
Chapter 4

-Narrator's Point of View-

-At the Fire Navy Ship-

The Firebending Prince went into a firebending stance facing two Fire Nation Soldiers in front of him. His uncle, Iroh is sitting on a small chair next to them.

"Again." Iroh sternly said to his nephew and prince, Zuko.

Zuko spreads his arms towards the direction of the two Fire Nation Soldiers, showering. them with flames. The Firebender from his left blast fire causing Zuko to shift his weight and duck. The Firebender from his right runs towards him and aims a blast in his feet. Causing the teen prince to propel himself out of the way. He twists his body mid-air and pulls out another fire blast with his hands and aims it to two Firebenders. Both soldiers jump out of the way, avoiding Zuko's flames. The prince lands on his feet and stretches his arms out towards his adversaries, waiting for the next attack.

Iroh sigh and stand up. "No!" He exclaimed. Zuko lowers his arms and looks at his uncle irritatingly. "Power in firebending comes from the breath." He demonstrated by putting his hands in front of him the emphasize a breathing motion.

"Not the muscles." He stretches his left arm out as if to firebend he lowers his arm and look at his nephew. "The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire!" He explains and sends a fire blast directly to his nephew, the fire evaporates before it touches Zuko.

"Get it right this time!" Iroh said as he put his hands in front of him, his fingertips touching each other.

"Enough." He said in suppressed anger and walks towards his uncle. "I've been practicing this sequence all day! Teach me the next set. I am more than ready." He ordered to his uncle, his stance is slightly stiff.

"No! You're impatient," Iroh sternly said and sit back down, "Besides you have yet to master your basics." He looks at Zuko with a stern gaze. "Do it again!" He yells his order to his nephew and the Fire Nation Soldier.

The hot-headed, and angsty, prince clenches his teeth in anger. He then suddenly directs a powerful fire kick toward one of the soldiers. The soldier attempts to deflect it using his firebending but is unable to and is thrown back. He turns back to his uncle.

"The Sages tell us that the Avatar was the Last Airbender," Zuko said as his anger becomes apparent. Iroh looks at his nephew with a displeased look, not liking his attitude. "He must be over a hundred years old by now. He's had a century to master the four elements! I'll need more than basic firebending if I want to defeat him."

Iroh look at his nephew in distressed and speaks, "Are you even a little concern that the Hunter might be out there waiting for the Avatar!" The fire prince only looks at his uncle and spoke in a cold tone.