✧✦

Knock, knock, knock.

Shuffling from her seat, Ryujin lowers the television's volume down, turning her head towards the source of interruption. 

Could it be the landlord?

The short-haired woman shifts her attention to the clock above the door and notices the time display an ungodly hour. Despite the bugs' ubiquity, the cicadas sang loudly and Ryujin could only furrow her brows in suspicion. The city breeze seep through the corners of the room, moderately cold compared to the rural as it crept inside the grey sweatshirt she wore, sending shivers to her spine.

There's no way the owner would make such effort at this time of the night.

Ryujin assures herself not to be worried. Her father apprised her about situations like this and it's something to be handled calmly. Standing up from a settee, she walks over to attend to her unknown guest, pursing her lips as her hand wraps around the metal knob and gave it a slight twist, her breathing hitched.

But what if it's a trespasser? her mind continues to question her, only for it to be shaken at the end.

Just as she had sight of the figure, Ryujin unconsciously grabbed the nearest object she could seize and raises it above her head, the paranoia getting the best of her.

"Hi—Jesus, put it down!"

The person steps back abruptly, almost flinging the plastic container she has in her hands. Ryujin blinked a few times, taking two ticks to decipher what just happened before she pops the question if the other one is okay.

"Aside from almost getting hit by a hanger hooker? I think I'll be fine, Ryu, thanks for asking."

The short-haired woman finally let go of, apparently, a hanger hooker. Yes, as self-defense, she attempted to hit someone simply with the flimsy rod. She bit the insides of her cheek, completely embarrassed.

"Any plans of inviting me over? It's getting cold out here."

"R-Right, come on in."

Yet indeed, the night turned bitterly cold.

Ryujin finds herself microwaving comestibles brought by her visitor, ones that she promised herself she's supposedly gonna loathe from now on.

"I knew you liked them so I decided to cook them before going here."

Forcing out a small laugh, she prepared the utensils for the both of them, planning to share it with the other.

"You really don't have to."

As she settles on the other side of the table, it was a cue for them to start digging in to their fair share. Silence engulfed the whole atmosphere, something Ryujin hoped to keep the company, until the other decides to break it. It was fine, really, it was.

"Are you enjoying here so far?"

Ryujin simply bobbed her head, making the other drop their silverwares as the attention was now brought to her, making an effort to fill in the dead air. "At least talk to me—"

"We have nothing to discuss, Lia."

In distress from nothing, Ryujin took a ply of tissue from the table, losing her appetite in an instant. Of course, there's only one reason as to why her former lover would be at her place: their endless talk that leads to nowhere. She could only curse under her breath.

"Ryu—"

"Which part of the break up did you not understand?"

"I'm not here because of that."