✧✦✧✦

Ryujin woke up with a growing migraine that morning and the first thing she came up to nurse herself with was a cup of mocha latte from Seoulmate, on her usual seat, with a thick Medical Physiology handbook in front of her. Compared to her usual iced latte, she ordered herself a balmy one as it was the best option for her head.

The short-haired woman knew there was no use to bringing the book along with her as she slumped her head on top of it, only to squeeze her eyes shut because now, the throbbing of her head exacerbated.

Shouldn't have went to that party...

Sighing for the nth time, she slowly lifted her head up to look at her mobile phone, which notified her that she has new messages.

Ryujin couldn't resist the urge to laugh, getting the idea that her sister and Chaeryeong are probably bickering right now

Ryujin couldn't resist the urge to laugh, getting the idea that her sister and Chaeryeong are probably bickering right now. She had always been aware what was up between those two and she had figured that Yuna is grown enough to handle it herself, keeping her mobile phone back inside the pocket of her favorite green hoodie.

A sharp pain penetrated her brain once again, making her groan as she clutched her head and stood up from her seat. Ryujin didn't know how a restroom could help her situation but she decided it was best to go there at the moment, leaving all of her stuff on the table.

The café bell tinkled, indicating that someone had just entered the shop, the staff looking expectantly only to have their jaw drop. Perhaps, enthralled by the beauty of the customer.

"Hi, can I order a cappuccino, please?"

The way her mouth parted to speak such words could even be described as graceful as she tucked a few hair strands behind her ear. He may have took much of his time to admire her details, immersing himself to the most unique eyes he's ever seen, seeing as it has similarities to a cat as her orbs glisten under the light when she stares, but the trance he was put under was immediately cut off by a co-worker who had nudged him to attend to her request.

"Y-Yes, right away," the man in the uniform replied with a timid smile as he typed on the little screen of the computer, realizing then that he was ashamed for staring.

She's just too beautiful.

As she waited for him, her feline eyes wandered around the setting, hoping to search for a vacant seat and he must've noticed so he immediately informed her.

"I'm sorry, it's unusual for the café to be full in the morning but it's a weekend. Would it be fine for you to share a table?"

"Uhm, it's fine," the sadness in her tone was evident as he felt dejected as well to see that her lips had formed into a frown. "I'll come back later, then."

Not wanting to let down the customer, he looked around only to notice an unoccupied table, but he took note someone's still there by the way a book and a cup of coffee is resting untouched. "Someone came alone but it seems like she went to the restroom. I can ask her, if you want?"

"No, it's fine, really," the woman turned it down politely, not wanting to disrupt anyone's space. "I'll just come back later, thank you."

The man smiled before handing the cappuccino over with a smile, nodding. She returned the same gesture before turning her heels away, walking all the way out the door, the bell tinkling once again.

Ryujin had just gotten out of the restroom, on tenterhooks as the throbbing pain in her head intensifies every second. She wended her way to her table and gathered her belongings, considering to get more sleep at home as it might be the best solution to it.

Just as she was about to push the glass door to exit, the guy from the counter calls out to her.

"Oh, you're leaving already?"

The short-haired woman turned to him and walked closer, seeing as he had nothing to attend to and it was alright to make a few chitchats.

"Bad hangover. I figured I just need more sleep."

The man nodded in understanding. He had seen Ryujin stay at the café a few times during his shift and has acquainted with the woman whenever she stays there.

"Or maybe that one's causing you migraine," he pointed at the large book Ryujin hand-carried, in which the woman shifted her attention to before chuckling.

"Maybe."

"What is that even, an encyclopedia?"

"Idiot, it's a medical book."

Both of them laughed before he looked briefly outside then back to her. "If I had known, I would've asked the customer earlier to stay for a bit."

"I'm sorry, Felix. I'll inform you next time so you won't lose customers then," Ryujin scoffed, earning a laugh from the guy.

"I was just saying!" he raised his arms in defense, the conspicuous bass in his voice raises as well. "The woman was really pretty too. Could be a celebrity."

"Right," Ryujin wiggled her brows, obviously teasing him, making him flushed. "Seriously, why am I missing out on the pretty ladies?"

"She did say she's coming back later. That's your chance."

"We'll see if I wake up from my casket."

Felix laughed at her response and joked around by pretending to be a zombie, earning a light slap on the shoulders as he feigned pain.

"I'm going, kiddo. Good luck on your job and don't obsess much over a gorgeous woman."

Ryujin finally left, opting to go back to her apartment.

If she had just known who it was, then she would've taken his advice seriously and stayed for someone she always looked forward to seeing.