Prologue

#Jeon Jeongguk POV

It was recess time and everyone jumped in joy as they were heading to the cafeteria. 

"Hey, let's go to eat something. And then I can show you around the school. Our school is quite cool, you know." Minggyu slapped my back while grinning.

"T-Thanks." 

Kim Minggyu. I can see that he is very cheerful. He treats me like we are close despite the fact that we just met today. Yeah, today is my first day in this school. 

My father just got promoted and his new workplace is in Seoul, so we decided to leave Busan and move here. 

..............

We went to the cafeteria first and grabbed some sandwiches to fill our stomach and started to wander along the corridor on each floor. I just followed his steps as he showed me around to get me familiar with this place. This school is very huge compared to my previous school, and I might get lost if I walked by myself.

"Have you ever been to Seoul before?" Minggyu glanced at me as we continued walking up the stairs.

"I think the last time I got here was five years ago." I confessed.

"Really? Do you want to go to the rooftop? The scenery from up there is quite beautiful." He offered.

"Sure!" I smiled. 

We climbed the stairs until we reach the end of it. He pushed the door in front of us and a bright light blurred my eyes for a few seconds. Cold breeze brushed my face smoothly as we took a step out to the rooftop. 

We were about to take a few more steps when suddenly our eyes caught a group of students at the corner, a bit hidden. Three students were beating up a guy while another two students just standing beside them. One of them was a girl with long hair, linking arm with the guy standing next to her. 

"That jerk, I wish he got kicked out from this school. Aishh-" Minggyu blurted out.

"Who are they? Shouldn't we stopped them?" 

I frowned when Minggyu shook his head. "No, let's get out of here. Hurry!" He turned around and walked to the door where we just entered.

"What?!" I glanced again at the group of students. Their were bullying someone, and now Minggyu asked me to just pretend not to see that when I clearly witnessing this thing? 

"Yah, Jeon Jeongguk! You better not messing up with them or this will be your first and last day in this school. Come on!" 

Minggyu pulled my hand and dragged me out of the rooftop before they noticed us. But the girl already saw us. 

Our eyes met!