0.2 Chapter Twenty One

Twenty One

The first week of classes went smoothly and the first weekend of the year had come around faster than Annie expected. The gang had spent most days by the lake, studying. Or in Sirius' case, reading the beginning of a textbook for five minutes and getting fed up so ultimately tossing it in the lake which in turn angered Remus for soaking fragile binding so, being the expert in charms he was, levitated the book out of the murky water at chucking it straight at Sirius' forehead. But thanks to Remus' very poor aim, missed by a long shot. Although it would of been funny to see, she didn't think the four of them having the strength to lug his unconscious body to the hospital wing.

That day Remus had in fact decided not to come to the lake and to catch up on some studies for his OWL'S in the library. Annie had gone with the guys that day, not wanting to disturb him, knowing sometimes he needed space just like every introverted person on this planet, she remembered deciding.

It was lunch and the boys, full up on treacle tarts they had smuggled from the kitchen, didn't want anything else as they would have to basically 'roll themselves there' as Peter had said. So, she went alone. Marie and Lynn might of been at the great hall too but they could also be gallivanting Godric knows where.

She stopped for a bite of a few things, talking to Sally and some sixth years. Outside the sky brightened just tad so after conversing a little bit on blast-ended scrutes, she wondered off the long way to where the boys currently were debating their next prank on McGonagall. The hallways at this time of day were reasonably silent due to most people being occupied in something other than mindlessly wandering as Annie felt she was doing. Although something about the silence felt unnerving and worrying, usually there would be at least a few people travelling place to place, the school was jammed packed with students. But no, not a soul in sight.

An unsettling feeling engulfed her like a tidal wave. She wanted to call out for help but she froze as a small, aggressive voice echoed from the end of the hall from where she had just come.

"Pureblood, fraternising with the mud bloods. All that power running through your veins and what do you use it for? Nothing." Bellatrix Black. Annie gave a small groan, bile rising in her throat but before she could reach into her pocket for her wand, two arms snaked around her front, wrapping her in a tight bear hug, pulling her backwards. Annie writhed underneath their grip. She felt long hair brush against her neck, causing her to shiver. She a screamed as much as she could before a sweaty palm shushed her cries. That sweaty palm, she realised, was attached to Rodolphus Lestrange. He leered down at her, saying,

"You can scream all you want, Dean but no one will hear you under a muffliato charm." Yet even after being told this, she still wailed and howled, hoping it would wear off for someone to come get her.

"Oh quiet yourself." The person who was holding her grunted before using the force of the grip to fling her onto the stone floor. It was Lucius Malfoy, his shiny Head Boy badge on display for all to see.

Annie wavered before speaking her mind, "Just because you're about to graduate and you adorn that stupid little green badge makes you think you can do what you want to people? Your status doesn't extend past basic human decency." She was propped on her elbows, staring up at the three, who all had wands pointed down at her.

"Yes actually, that's exactly what I think." His wand wavered from her temple to her chest. His cold grey eyes, looking down at her in obvious disgust, distaste dancing on his lips. Rodolphus' nose was turned up at Annie, still his wand firmly pointed at the target, ready to strike if she tried anything. Bellatrix on the other hand didn't bother keeping how full of glee she was that they her under their control.

Bellatrix's lopsided grin gave Annie a migraine so she squeezed her eyes shut. There wasn't an escape route, to her displeasure, she would just have to see what they were going to do to her. Despite her above average grades in most classes, defence against the dark arts was not one of them. Any spells that would be thrown at her she knew she couldn't block. If someone could just come around the corner she could be safe. And they did.

To her left she heard heavy footsteps approaching. She spun around, hopeful. It was Severus, bloody Snape. Severus observed the scene as he passed, his eyes meeting Annie's. She gave him a fearful look, eyes pleading for him to do anything. But alas, he walked on until the group were alone once more.

"Git." She mumbled. The trio continues to snarl down at her.

"Did you really think Snape would save you? When he's one of us." The words hit Annie like a stone. Severus? Worshiping the Dark Lord? She wondered why she had never thought of it before. Lily had mentioned his interest in the dark arts but she disregarded it as a mere hobby. Not a life goal.

"Why, why are you doing this? What's your goal here, really." Annie's elbows began to ache against the stone so she dropped onto her forearms, Their wands flinched as she moved, thinking she was reaching her her wand. Bellatrix moved forwards, pressing the tip of her wand to Annie's neck.

"You could of joined us, Dean. But instead, I see you think my cousin is more than satisfactory." She continued, "My cousin, weak, idiotic and a waste of space." Annie felt rage bubbling up inside, the more Bellatrix listed all the things wrong with Sirius, the more she wanted to punch her right in the crooked nose, muggle style.

"Hanging out with halfbloods like Lupin? You disgust me." Rodolphus snapped. That's was it. They crossed the line. She went to pull her wand until Lucius cried,

"Petrificus Totalus!" Annie went ridged, arms slipping out and hitting the ground hard.

Bellatrix spat out a spell which she couldn't not hear nor recognise, watching her try to scream and writhe, incapable of doing anything of the sort. It was like she had been stabbed in her gut, the pain, radiating across the rest of her body like a lightning strike.

"Mobilicorpus." Annie heard Rodolphus state calmly. Her body rose a few inches in the air, she felt herself levitating backwards. A door swung open behind her and she was placed inside. Her body, like a plank of wood, collapsed to the ground.

"Finite Incantatem." Her bound body released and she crumpled to a heap. They had placed her in a broom cupboard. Lucius grabbed a bucket from behind Annie and chucked it on her head.

Bellatrix giggled, slamming the door on her, leaving her in the dark. You've got to be kidding me, she thought. Annie's body still stinging and weak, she closed her eyes, taking a shaky breath and slipping into unconsciousness.