Diagon Alley

"Get up Harry. Got a lot of important stuff ter do today." Hagrid shook Harry's arm. He lifted his head and yawned. Harry enjoyed getting a good nights sleep in a proper bed. Even if it was in a fifty year old room at the Leaky Cauldron. Still was better than the cupboard.

After Harry got dressed and ate breakfast, Hagrid took him down the street into a small store, which he immediately recognized from second year.

"Flourish and Blotts. Get all yer schoolbooks here Harry. Still got the list with yeh?"

Harry nodded while pulling out the folded paper from his jeans pocket. Hagrid nodded.

"All right then. Probably could ask the lady at the front where to find yer books." Harry nodded again, but as been here six times before, he already knew where to find his books, but Harry still asked the clerk for assistance.

Hagrid had to carry all of his books out of the shop, as Harry didn't have the arm strength. I need to get more in shape, he thought to himself, watching Hagrid carry The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1), A History of Magic,
Magical Theory, A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration, One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, Magical Drafts and Potions, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection without ease.

"Next yeh need a wand. And there's only one place ter go." Harry looked at Hagrid with a spark of curiosity and confusion. "Oh to Ollivanders, oh course. Ain't no place better!"

Harry stepped into the familiar shop, and approached the desk. He cleared his throat, causing Mr. Ollivander to jump from the back of the shop, hidden behind rows and rows of unused wands.

"Sorry me boy, didn't see you there." He paused, looking down at him. "Mr. Potter," he said slowly, "I've been wondering when I'd be seeing you here." Harry smiled shyly.

Mr. Ollivander quickly retreated back to the shelves, and after a moment of raucous movement, a small "aha" was heard as he came walking back to Harry.

"Here we are, give it a wave!" He said excitedly. But Harry already knew what was going to happen.

To prevent anything bad from happening, he quickly put the wand on the counter.

"It doesn't feel right."

Mr. Ollivander's eyes widened. "It doesn't! You must give it a wave to try it out at least. Go on!"

Harry really wished he could convince the poor man this was a mistake, because a short moment later three shelves of wands flew from their placehold and crashed onto the floor.

"Oh dear," he said looking down, "I guess your right. If your so keen with wands, which one would you like to try out?"

Harry was thoughtful for a moment, before pointing to one on the second to last shelf on the top. He hoped he would let him try it out, to save him anymore unnecessary cleanup.

As if on schedule, when Mr. Ollivander reached the wand Harry was pointing to, he let out a choked laugh and murmured, "curious..."

Once he had ahold of his wand, familiar tingling sensation was felt on his right hand, when Ollivander smiled. He then filled Harry in about how his wand had a brother, and yada yada yada (Harry already heard about this), and left soon later with Hagrid waiting outside eagerly.

"Next door you can buy yer cauldron, but I could always pick it up for yeh if you want to run to get yer robes fitted."

As Harry was about to agree with Hagrid, he caught a glimpse of a red headed family walk into the shop, and immediately began walking towards the shop.

By the time Harry entered the shop, the five Weasleys were in the back, Mrs. Wealsey browsing at some of the cauldrons, while Percy inspecting a pamphlet, and Fred, George, and Ron standing around. Harry picked up a book, pretending to read, so he could watch them. This could be the first time the Weasleys met Harry, and he couldn't mess it up.

Fred noticed a hairy spider on an old cauldron, nodded to George, who smirked, and carefully led the spider onto his robe sleeve. George casually tipped his arm above Ron's head, and Harry held his breath as the spider slipped down Ron's back.

As the other four members of Ron's family began to move to another side of the store, Harry seized the moment, and walked over to Ron.

"Excuse me, I saw your brothers place something on your back." Harry said nervously, watching Ron turn around and look at him in confusion. Ron's eyes widened.

"Yeah, Fred and George always enjoy playing jokes on me. Thanks..." He said awkwardly.

"Let me get it off for you." Harry reached forward and picked up the spider carefully, looking at Ron as he jumped backward.

"A spider?! I am going to kill those two when we get home." Ron's ears changed to his usual bright red, realizing his major freak out in front of a stranger. He stepped forward and smiled, "Thanks. I'm Ron by the way, Ron Weasley."

This is just the beginning, Harry thought to himself, while holding out his hand and saying , "Hi. I'm Harry."

--------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! Please comment what you think of this fic!! I need 5 votes on this chapter to upload the next one, so I know people are reading! Thanks and please vote :)