Chapter 2

Lydia was tired of life and everything in it. Nobody cared about how she felt and what she wanted. It was tiring. She figured that if she got through dinner and things still remained the same, she was done with the world.

                                                       "I'm so fucking done." Lydia muttered, feeling a wave of sadness hit her as it had done off and on these last few months. 

                                              The yellow dress she had to wear was so ugly, and she hated it. Lydia preferred black. However, she had to wear it because there would be business people here and her father insisted that she look and act her best. 

                                       "Ugh, this thing is so tight." Lydia complained as she zipped it up. Sighing, she walked downstairs, not wanting to look at herself. Not even pretending to be happy about it, she walked downstairs and sat at the table. Maxi Dean greeted her quickly and she nodded. She didn't feel like talking to people, so she sat there and picked at the food.

                                                                               "Maxi, I just want to say on behalf of Delia and myself-" Charles started. Lydia rolled her eyes, anger flooding through her. Delia and him could not be a couple, they just couldn't be! Lydia felt a flash of something, and she watched as her father stood up. "Work all night on a drink of rum!" Charles sang.

                                               Lydia gasped, half concerned and half amused as everyone started singing and dancing around except for her. She didn't see anyone there, so she assumed it must have been...her. That instantly made Lydia freeze up. The dancing stopped, and everyone looked at her.

                         "Why weren't you dancing?" Charles asked, almost accusatory. Lydia winced at the tone, feeling more and more stressed by the moment. Her breathing got labored and her heart started pounding.

                                                                 "I...." Lydia couldn't choke the answer out. Charles walked over, Delia following anxiously behind.

                                      "Lydia, why weren't you dancing when that weird thing happened!" Charles exclaimed. Lydia wanted to curl up into a ball when the pent up anger and stress spilled out.

                                                                               "I DON'T KNOW!" Lydia yelled.

        As she spoke, a wave of green blasted from her. Everyone ducked. Lydia stared at her hands, confused. She hadn't known that she could do that. Lydia looked at her father. He looked mad. Lydia suddenly realized what she'd done.

                                                     "Lydia-" Delia started, reaching a hand out towards her. Lydia winced. This was horrible. Who knows what her father was going to do, he looked so livid. Lydia let out a little squeak and ran upstairs and into her room. She looked the door and breathed for a moment.