"Honey, you're sick."

Hey! Two oneshots in one day! That's kinda great for me, considering I am barely active on here. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one and, as always, feel free to request anything! Just no smut or "fOnDuE" stories bc e w.

This was requested by @BuckyBarnes2003

After at least an hour, Bucky finally stepped out of the steam-filled bathroom and into the cool, crisp air of the bedroom. He slowly walked down the hall and into the living room of the apartment, which he and Steve shared with Sam and Clint. He was greeted by his roommates and boyfriend, Steve jumping up to hug Bucky.

"Morning, Stevie," Bucky said as he leaned into Steve's unusually warm embrace. He rested his head on the blonde's shoulder as they slowly made their way to the couch, never leaving each other's arms. As they sat down, Bucky curled up, laying his head on Steve's lap and closing his eyes. Sam noticed how unusually pale Bucky was and decided to say something about it.

"You okay, Buck?" Sam asked. "You seem pretty low-energy today."

Bucky sniffled, opening his eyes. "Hmm? Oh, just tired, that's all." he said with a cough. He used his non-metal hand to rub his eye as Clint said,

"That cough didn't sound too good." Bucky coughed a few more times before clearing his throat and answering.

"I'm fine," He paused, clearing his throat again. "I promise."

Sam and Steve looked at each other, thinking the same thing. "Hey, Buck-a-roo," Sam used the nickname that Bucky hated, and he didn't even notice. "How about we hit the gym today? Train a little and get ice cream or something after? Sound cool?"

"Let's not today. Another day," Normally, Bucky would've gotten all excited at the offer. He'd get all giddy like a puppy, even if it was Sam asking. But he denied it today. Didn't even crack a smile. That's how they knew something was up. Maybe he was just tired, but Steve knew that there had to be something more.

"I have to go to the store. Buck, you wanna come?" Steve asked, standing up.

"Sure," Bucky said as he sniffled and pushed himself up. Clint got up, starting to walk to his room and Sam went to the kitchen table to work on his computer. Steve grabbed Bucky's hand and led him to the door. Steve noticed how suddenly pale and dizzy Bucky was.

"Hey, are you okay, pup?" Steve asked as he placed his hand on Bucky's back.

"N-Not really," was all Bucky managed to say before his eyes rolled back and his knees buckled, causing him to fall towards Steve.

"Shit!" Sam and Steve yelled in unison. Steve caught his boyfriend under the arms and picked him up bridal-style.

"Sam, can you get me, just, stuff?" Steve said, too worried about Bucky to know what he needed. He carried Bucky into their room and lay him in their bed.

"Need any help?" Clint asked.

"Can you go to the store for me?" Steve asked as he handed Clint a folded piece of paper.

"You got it." Clint said, grabbing the paper and leaving. Sam walked in with everything he thought would help.

"Thanks, Sam," Steve said as he set the stuff on the night table.

"Yeah," he said as he walked out, closing the door behind him. Steve placed the thermometer in Bucky's mouth, holding it until it beeped. 102.7°F. (39.27°C) He placed the wet rag Sam had brought on Bucky's forehead and sat there, just watching him.

A minute or two later, Bucky finally woke up. He looked at Steve and Steve looked at him. Steve saw the pain and drowsiness in Bucky's eyes, so he grabbed Bucky's hand.