Chapter 2: Braided Hair

"Oh dear, just what have you gone and done to yourself now, (Y/n)?"

All of the servants, including her father, were gathered around the girl, staring at the ugly bruise that peaked out of her hairline and decorated a small portion of her forehead. Obviously she wasn't going to tell them that she had come into contact with a grim reaper who hit her on the head by accident with his lawnmower death scythe. Firstly, because she'd sound like she had a really bad concussion to Bard, Mey-Rin and Finny. But secondly, because she wasn't supposed to be out, and her father Reaper friendly person considering the past experiences he's had with them.

So, she looked between them all, and was easily able to come up with a reasonable explanation...on the more gullible servants parts anyways.

"I took a rather big fall down the stairs that lead to the kitchen. I had a dry throat and was in need of a glass of water," (Y/n) explained in her groggy voice, Bardroy chuckling as he ruffled her messy hair to which she groaned in pain.
"Silly goose. You best watch where you're going next time, hey?" He teased, her eyes narrowing at him as she slapped his hand away.
"Duly noted," she articulated, brushing herself off when she noticed the way her father was staring at her.
He pinched his chin in a very perplexed manner, it seemed that he was trying to find in his mind when he had heard her fall in the middle of the night, because if she did then he certainly would have heard it. But he didn't recall such an event, not even vaguely.

Sebastian decided that he needed to get an answer alone, so, he sighed and clapped his hands twice, gaining the attention of the other servants with the exception of Tanaka, who was preoccupied with his cup of green tea in the corner of the room.

"There is no time for idle chatter, chores must be seen to immediately," the raven-ette began, bringing his hands back down to his sides, "Bard, you're to begin preparing the Young Master's lunch for today. Mey-Rin, you are to bring in the dry laundry and then take the bed sheets from the Young Masters bed and wash them. Finnian, you are to finish planting the last of the shipment of flowers and then water the lot of them. (Y/n), you will join Finny, but I need you to stay for a moment. Now, the rest of you," he looked between them all, "you best hurry, no time can be wasted."

The three servants bowed and muttered a 'yes sir' before they all went off to prepare for the day, (Y/n) staying behind as she was told with a small sense of anxiety building up in the bottom of her gut.

Sebastian placed a loving hand on her forehead and brushed her hair all the way back, out of her face, his hand travelling to the back of her head as he tilted it upward so he could see her eyes. He gave a mischievous smirk as he played with her hair, causing her nerve to become much more.

"So...what were you really doing last night?" He asked, (Y/n) accidentally making a small noise in the back of her throat before she swallowed it and gave her father an innocent look.
"I told you, I took a fall father. You do not think I'd lie to you, do you?" She said in the most sugar coated voice she could manage without sounding suspicious, but Sebastian had seen straight through the facade, he could feel the anxiety radiating right off of her.
"If you fell, I would've heard it. You weren't outside of the manor, were you?" He asked, causing her face to change colour slightly.
He was getting closer, he could tell, but his daughter insisted on continuing to fib.
"Why would I want to go outside at night? There is no need, no one is awake and walking about, there is no excitement."

That was all he needed to pinpoint her lie.

"How do you know that is what the town is like at night, when I've never taken you at night?"

(Y/n)'s eyes widened and her face paled further, and she could no longer make eye contact with her father. Sebastian chuckled as his eyes began to glow crimson, they were safe to since his back was turned to Tanaka who was still in the room.