Chapter 6: Suffocating

"Oh Bassy! It's been far too long since we last saw each other!" 

Sebastian whipped his head in dread toward the sound of a voice he wished would just leave him alone. Standing by one of the tables was Grell, and he chose to neglect the fact that there were two other Reapers accompanying her.

"What brings you to a place like this so late? I do suppose even demons need a break," Grell exclaimed as she threw herself all over the demon as her attempt at distracting him but also taking it as her chance to get close to the charming man.
"Grell Sutcliffe. It's no surprise I find you at a place as tasteless as a pub," Sebastian said coldly, Grell giving him a sly look as her long red nails slowly crept up his chest.
"You say that, yet you'd find that you yourself are also standing in a pub, my dear boy," she pointed out, the man scoffing as he grabbed her by the arms.
"I am on my own business, not to get disgustingly drunk, but to-" Sebastian cut himself off when the waft of a familiar scent filled the air.

It was his daughter. He could smell her, and close. 

Upon further investigation, he found that Grell smelled very much like (Y/n). When he leaned in so close to her, with his nose pressed to her neck, she felt her face flush bright red as Sebastian's eyes glowed crimson and he pulled away with an angered expression.

"...you know something I don't," he murmured angrily, the red-headed reaper growing nervous and flustered as she pulled her arms away from him.
"W-whatever could you mean, Bassy dear?" She asked, playing dumb so she could try and cover her lie up.

But Sebastian wasn't having it. So with one swift movement, he had her pinned against the wall with his hand grasping her throat tightly, to which Artemis stood up abruptly.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing there buddy??" She asked in an aggressive tone as she stomped over to them and grabbed Sebastian's arm.
"Keep your nose out of this," he growled as he pushed the woman away, still quite fixated on Grell, "where is she?"
"...I-I...don't know what you're talking about..." Grell choked out as she clawed at Sebastian's hand, though he wasn't budging in terms of his grip.
"You think I'm a fool??" Sebastian asked, his anger growing as well as the tightness of his grip on Grell's neck, "I can smell her plain as day on you...what have you done with her??"

As Sebastian's grip tightened more and more, Grell could only speak less and less, and that was when Sebastian figured that he'd get nothing from her. So, with a huff, he threw her aside, and that was when a fist came to his cheek hard, and sent him stumbling sideways. The hit was enough to draw blood from the inside of his cheek, and when he looked up, he saw that it was Artemis who had hit him, her sleeves rolled up to her elbows and her stance intimidating. 

"I asked a question, and I expect you to answer it demon," Artemis growled, only to have Juliet come up behind her with her hands against her arms.
"...Artemis, please-"
"Get back Julie!" Artemis cut her off in a stern tone, though Juliet wasn't backing down too easily.
"I'm not letting you get into another bar fight," Juliet insisted, wrapping her arms around Arty's waist, "especially not with a demon. You're going to get hurt."
"I'm not just gonna let him get away with hurting Miss Sutcliffe like that! Have you no sense of justice??" Artemis snapped as she pushed Juliet away, taking a fighting stance once more. 

She went in for another swing, but Sebastian was quick to dodge it and punch her in the gut. At first she was slightly winded, but not a moment later was she back into action with another few swings, one of which managed to hit Sebastian in the face again. At first she was just angry about the way he was treating Grell, but then she realized that this was a really good distraction for Sebastian, and decided to keep the game up for as long as she could. 

~

"Alright, we need to get out of here," (Y/n) whispered as she made out Ronald's features in the dark as best she could, "do you think you could fit through that window?"
"If I were as tiny as you, but I'm afraid that's not the case," Ronald whispered back, leaning down a little so he could better communicate with her.
"This is bad. If father finds me, he'll kill both of us, though I'm more concerned about your side of the matter," (Y/n) explained, poking Ronald's chest gently, "because not only are you a boy, but also a grim reaper. And if he doesn't like Grell, then he automatically doesn't like you."
"Well there goes a good first impression on your dad," Ronald joked with a breathy laugh, "what do you suppose we do about this bird?"