Chapter 5

Feral clenched his jaw, meeting Kassius's eyes. Feeling everyone's eyes on him he growled, trying to hold in his frustrations.

Kassius leaned back, "What? it was just a question. d-dont look at me like that.."

He let out a low breath, stiffening up in his seat. His whole body tensing.

He could say a million things in that moment, instead he remained silent for a little while.

He rested his hands on his knees and looked at Kassius again, "I'd be an idiot letting you leave tonight..." he was in the middle of talking and all of a sudden he fell captive from his anger.

"Tommorow morning if you must," he growled.

He stood to his feet, shoving his chair backwards with so much force that it broke into pieces against the wall.

"I spent 26 years believing I didn't have a mate - what makes you think I need one now?" He growled and walked towards the double doors.

"MOVE." He grunted at the two wolves in front of the doors.

They both whimpered, moving out of the way as the alpha male stalked out the room.

The doors immediately closed again, the warrior wolves taking their stance in front of the door again.

Everyone then looked at Ash.

Ash looked around the table, "Everyone eat please, the food will get cold..." he said knowing either way that would be what Feral wanted.

Kassius looked at Ash, "what's a mate?" Deciding to stand up to focus on him.

Cole scoffed, shaking his head.

Ash glared at the small male across the room, "Seriously? Omegas aren't even allowed to be in here or have you forgotten?..." he shook his head as Cole immediately bit his tongue.

Ash returned his glance to Kassius. "An eternal partner, a destined soul mate," he says taking a bite of his food.

He stared at the table, "He didn't mean that, he's just been on his own for a very long time. Most wolves gain a mate at 16 or 18 at the latest...he knows that you dont exactly want to be here."

He lifted his eyes again, "He'd kill me for saying this but it's the frustration of wanting you but knowing that he simply cannot cage you in here against your will in effort to gain your love."

"You're definitely asking to get your ass kicked Asherah," one of the Delta wolves laughed.

Ash then looked at him, "Well nobody else is telling him," he shrugged.

Kass frowned and then glared at the deltas, "so you'd rather your alpha upset then helping me understand what the hell I'm even going to expect." Kassius nearly snarled, his eyes flashing to cougar eyes before he huffed and stared at Ash. "Where would he be?" he asked much calmer now.

The Delta who was quiet glared at him, "Alpha Feral will be upset either way so we would have rathered him tell you, but apparently not Ash," he grunted.

"Mate or not you are still a trespasser," The first Delta snarled.

Ash glared at both of them, "Shut up will you?" He then looked at Kassius.

"Behind the warrior's pack house, the training arena...I don't think you should go alone though, I'd have Del walk you but he's been gone..." he said looking around the room. He then noticed that Harlyn wasn't there which caused him to grunt.

He stood to his feet and walked over to the window, getting in between the two warrior wolves. He tapped on the window and mindlinked to one of the ones outside the window.

One of the male's nodded and then he walked back to where he stood in front of Kassius, "Alright I'll take you, but let's go it'll be dark soon."

Kassius rolled his eyes, "try me later, I have something to do right now. Also I was still here first nitwit."

He nodded at ash, "please thank you," he said forbearing and smiled kindly at him.

Ash nodded at the two warrior wolves, who instantly moved back letting them walk through.

Walking down the hall to the front of the house, Ash opened the front door letting Kassius walk out.

Outside, the whole area was closed off with a tall steel fence that went around all the houses. It stretched off into the distance, definitely not expecting the property to go on that far.

The male who was outside the window joined them.

The sounds of laughing children and small howls were heard all around.

Kass then followed close and gazed around, a small smile coming to his lips at such happy noises. Before his attention snapped back on track to following Ash.

Ash slowed his pace, realizing that he almost left him behind.

"Sorry about that, one tracked mind..." he said as they got up to the pack house.

The noises got more louder, no longer it was the sounds of laughing children but shouts and loud thumps.

The three of them walked to the back where there was a large amphitheater type arena. Multiple groups of wolves in their rightful form while others were regular combat fighting, wrestling and with fists.

The wolves shifting left and right, suddenly the largest wolf caught Kassius's attention.

A pure white wolf with a patch of black fur that took up most of the left side of its face. It looked like black paint was smeared along it as it disappeared beneath its neck.

Its ears raised and turned towards the three. It walked between the chaos going on in the arena from all angles. Making its way up to the fence opening, it shifted leaving the alpha male completely naked.

A wolf on the sidelines handed him a pair of shorts which he almost immediately put on.

He walked up to them standing in front of Kassius. His eyes then looked between the warrior wolf and Ash.

Ash nodded then walked off, the other wolf walked off into the arena leaving the two of them.