When North Meets West

I looked up at the sign of the school, and rolled my eyes, before storming into Hollywood Arts, swearing under my breath, as I adjusted my black backpack on my shoulders. I glared daggers at everyone I passed, and anyone who dared get in my way, as I approached the lockers. I ran my nails across the cool blue steel outside of the lockers, creating a metallic screeching sound, and smirked, as the students in the halls all covered their ears, until I reached what I thought was my locker. I obviously wasn't paying close enough attention, though, as a slender hand wrapped tightly around my wrist, and yanked my arm away from the metal. Instantly, my eyes snapped away from the students around me, meeting the icy ones of a tall girl, with beautiful features, alabaster skin, and purple streaks adorning her dark brown, almost black hair, and I coldly told her,"Get your hands off of me, if you want to keep them." The ice in her eyes flickered with what seemed to be surprise for a moment, before her grip tightened on my wrist, causing pain to shoot through it, but I didn't even flinch, not bothered.

    She replied in a smooth, silky voice laced with sarcasm,"Or else what? You were the one touching my locker, new girl." I glanced at the mentioned locker, to see it adorned with several pairs of scissors, and before she could blink, I slammed one arm against her throat, pinning her to the lockers, ripped my wrist away, snatched one pair of scissors off her locker, and slammed them deep into the metal next to her throat. I felt her flinch slightly, but to her credit, she showed no fear. Her blue green eyes gazed up at me coldly, and she asked in annoyance,"Are you done? If you're not gonna actually use those, then you're wasting my time." I dug my arm deeper into her windpipe, and was rewarded with a slight choking noise, until arms wrapped around my waist, and yanked me away from the other girl. "Hey, get off her!" I was suddenly pinned to a wall myself, and was face to face with a handsome guy with long raven hair, and caramel eyes. I closed my eyes, as my breaths quickened, my body starting to shake slightly under his arms, and moments later, his weight was gone, as a familiar voice frantically shouted,"Let go of her, Beck!" The girl I'd pinned to the lockers replied,"What the hell, Vega?! You know that badass?"

    I opened my eyes, glaring at my cousin, Tori Vega, catching my breath, and muttered,"I don't need or want your fucking help, Tori! Piss off!" Her eyes widened, and then, lowered to the floor, the girl and "Beck" standing beside her, their eyes on me. I walked over to the lockers, and picked my bag back up silently, raising my middle finger in the air, then moved on, until I found my own locker, opened it easily, shoved my stuff inside, then slammed the door shut, still feeling their eyes on me. I gritted my teeth, doing my best not to turn around, and say something that might get me expelled on day one of the foreseeable future at that stupid school. I had never even wanted to go there, but my parents insisted, and when they said jump, I asked how fucking high, or regretted it. And now I was stuck there with all the perfect princes and their princesses, and my holier than thou cousin, and her older sister, Trina, who I wished I had never known in my life. I shook my head, clearing those thoughts, and started making my way to the class I was supposed to be taking, which was with someone named Sikowitz. What a frigging weird name, right? I sighed, and kept walking, lost in thought..

   When I reached the classroom, I blinked, as all eyes of the students were turned on me, and eyed them coldly, issuing a silent threat that their school was welcoming someone that wouldn't deal with their goody goody bullshit. A funny looking man with a long beard and the weirdest outfit I had ever seen walked into the room, spotted me, and almost dropped his..Coconut with a straw. I raised an eyebrow, as he stood there frozen, and an annoyed voice called out,"Sikowitz, are you going to stand there all day? Cuz if you are, I'm going home." He seemed to snap out of it, and nodded, before clearing his throat. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to announce, not really, the new addition to our.. Lovely little group. Her name is Erin North, and is the cousin of our very own Tori Vega.." He seemed to glance around the room, then sighed, and muttered,"This is a horrible idea, but Erin, you can have the empty seat next to Jade West. Please, if you must kill each other, go outside.." I wondered who Jade was, until I turned, and met the both confused and disgusted look of the girl I had choked earlier, and put two and two together. I groaned, but made my way to the seat, and flopped down into it, crossing my arms and legs, ignoring the obvious glare I was receiving from Jade.

    Great. I was stuck sitting next to the obvious bad girl of the school, or my competition to be left alone, and I tuned out Sikowitz and his pointless lesson about acting, as well as the staring of the whole class, thinking about how I could possibly skip classes for the rest of the day. An idea occurred to me, and my hand shot into the air. My face ached, as I forced a smile that must have seemed menacing, and asked sweetly,"Can I use the bathroom?" Sikowitz flinched visibly, and nodded. "Yes, please.. Go quickly." I saw Jade's head snap my way out of the corner of my eye, and wondered why the hell she kept watching me like that. Clearly, we were rivals, but that didn't explain why she kept staring at me, unless she was planning something. I practically raced out of the classroom, both the stares and boredom getting to me, and I wandered the halls, looking for the perfect hiding spot. I spotted a broom closet, and smiled. Perfect.. I opened the door, and snuck in quietly, then sat down in the floor after shutting the door, and sighed, dropping the angry act, and pulled my knees up to my chest, staring at the floor silently. I sat there for what seemed like years, thinking about different things over and over, and didn't move an inch, until the door squeaked open, and black combat boots hit the floor with a slight squeak, and the door slammed shut behind them, leaving me to face whoever had caught me in that position..

(Sorry the first chapter is really short, but it's just to get the story started)