Chapter 16: Falling Angels (VII)

It was a pen.

There was nothing strange about the pen itself, but the place where it was found was slightly under the sofa, and there were some bloody fingerprints on it—that's what was a bit strange.

"This pen seems familiar..." Pingyang looked at the thing in Meng Bao's hand, his gaze puzzled.

"My room has a pen like this." Zhou Tianxin had a good memory; she carefully looked at the pen and made a definite conclusion. "Sister Tao's room also has such a pen. I saw it when I went in yesterday."

Afraid of others' disbelief, Zhou Tianxin then specifically said: "My memory is very good. Even if I've only seen something unintentionally, it's easy for me to remember. The shortest time before it's possible for me to forget is half a month."

After being reminded by her, the others remembered that there seemed to be a pen in their rooms too.

The remaining three people who lived on the second floor hurried back to their rooms to check. When they returned, they all brought back a pen with the same design.

"It seems that no room is furnished differently, and even such small details are exactly the same." Pingyang looked at the pens in their hands. "Except for the room numbers marked on them and so on, these pens are identical."

"But," Zhou Tianxin pointed to the pen holder on the table, which also contained a pen, "204's pen is still there."

The crowd gathered around.

Sure enough, the pen in the pen holder was indeed engraved with 204.

"This is 203's pen." Sister Tao took the pen from Meng Bao's hand to check it.

Everyone's gazes moved to Shi Fei, who resided in 203.

Shi Fei's expression suddenly turned panicked.

"I don't know. What's going on? Isn't my pen here? Look."

Fearing that they wouldn't believe him, Shi Fei itched to place the pen in his hand before everyone's eyes.

As Shi Fei had said, the pen in his hand did indeed have 203 engraved on it.

However.

"This is not 203's pen."

Su An took the pen last, looked it up and down a few times, and then expressed his opinion, which he rarely did.

The appearance of the pen held out by Su An changed beneath the group's eyes.

The pen with a design that was originally exactly the same as the pens in other rooms began to grow longer and thicker, and, in the end, it was no longer a pen that could only be used for writing.

It unexpectedly turned out to be a mini monitor with integrated sound and video recording!

"What exactly is going on?!"

Shi Fei didn't expect that things would become like this. He hurriedly explained the situation, afraid he'd be suspected by everyone because of this matter.

"I really don't know what's happening with this monitor. I thought it was the pen in my room, otherwise I wouldn't dare show it to you, would I? Who'd be so stupid as to bring out this thing that can easily poke holes in my story?"

"This isn't necessarily the case," Sister Tao said slowly. "If it weren't for Mr. Hey, wouldn't the rest of us not have noticed anything was wrong?"

"You!"

"Okay, let's stop arguing first." Pingyang came to preside over the overall situation. "We didn't say you're the murderer, only that your 203 pen appeared in room 204, and the pen from 203 was changed into a monitor. This situation is indeed not right. It's probably one of the conditions of death. We have to study it carefully. Do you understand?"