Chapter 17: Falling Angels (Countdown 2)

Today's banquet was the same as yesterday's, except the envoys weren't allowed to ignite the first fire. The primitive people still sang and danced, and then they placed the same dishes on the long tables—the last one to come out was still the extremely delicious Treasure Honey Chicken.

With such a sentence having been said by Su An, even if not everyone fully believed, there was a little vigilance in their hearts. Right now, everyone sat at the table according to yesterday's positions. Qi Weiqiang's seat was empty, and there wasn't even a stool for him. The primitive people, including the chief, didn't wonder where this person had gone. They still greeted everyone enthusiastically and hurried them to eat.

——They especially should have a taste of the Treasure Honey Chicken in the middle.

No one moved their chopsticks towards the plate of chicken.

Even the dim-witted Meng Bao felt the strangeness of the atmosphere at that moment.

The chicken at the centre of the dining table exuded a charming aroma, the same as a siren's song to travellers. The eyes of the primitive people around the dining table were staring at them fiercely, and the smiles that went to the corners of their mouths were perfectly curved. Those smiles on their faces looked copied and pasted.

——Eat, eat, eat, eat fast!

——Look, the crispy and delicious skin, the moist, succulent chicken, the wings that are crunchy when you bite into them, and your favourite chicken legs.

——Hurry and eat. If you don't, it'll be eaten up by others!

——Hurry up, finish it... and have a good dream.

Sounds of temptation came from every direction, however, when they looked around, they couldn't find the source. Nobody's lips moved, but it was as if everyone's lips were moving.

Meng Bao, the least determined, had already raised his hand and didn't even bother to use a knife and fork. He wanted to get started and directly tear off that fragrant chicken leg!

A clatter sounded.

A silver fork crashed into the back of Meng Bao's hand and landed with a crisp sound amongst the dishes on the table.

The bell-like noise awakened the others at the table and caused the expressions of primitive people staring at them to collapse.

"What do the envoys mean by this? Could it be that we aren't well received for not personally delivering the food to your mouth?" Staring at the silver fork that still slightly trembled on the table, Chief Hilary turned his attention to the fork's owner, Su An.

Su An once again became the focus of everyone's attention.

The difference was that while a few of the players were grateful, the eyes of the primitive people contained a hint of killing intent.

They weren't grateful.

If it weren't for Su An throwing the silver fork, there would be few people at this table who could have blocked the temptation of the deadly dish at the centre.

Su An's eyes glanced over the primitive people's faces and flashed with a trace of interest.

Heh, their courage has grown.

He didn't know if it was because they weren't in their zombie forms or because his title of Demon Lord was still concealed. "It's nothing interesting. I just feel that the chicken is a little pitiful, and I want to leave his body whole." Su An casually said while equipping his Demon Lord title.