♛ The Bar

Eun was having an inner battle on what she was going to wear to the bar on her outing with Doyoung. She had a skirt and a cute sweater that would look good, but she didn't want Doyoung to think she was dressing to impress.

We don't lead men in this household.

"What is a suitable outfit for a bar, but not good enough to make a man fall head over heels for me?" Eun wondered, going through her closet while pulling out her clothes.

Eun made more of a mess in herroom, surprising Hyunsuk when he walked in because Eun's room was the tidiest in the entire apartment.

"Are you alright, chabear?" Hyunsuk asked, instantly calming Eun. He only used that nickname when they were alone, and the Hyunsuk's voice was enough to give Eun a homey feel to calm her.

"Y-Yeah," Eun sighed, throwing a few clothes on her bed, "Sukkie, which one is a good look for the bar?" She questioned, looking at the older for an answer.

Hyunsuk raised his brow, frowning at the place his best friend mentioned. "You are going to the bar?"

"Why?"

"Huh?"

Eun quickly picked up all her clothes and threw it to the side, making way for her to get to Hyunsuk. "Why are you using that tone? Is the bar not a good place? Is it scandalous to go to a bar? Hyunsuk!" She jumped in her place, her ponytail swaying from side to side as she worried herself.

"No," Hyunsuk answered, shaking his head, "It's just too early to go to the bar, that's why. Why are you worried so much, though? Who are you going with?"

"No one!" Eun yelled, startling the older boy. "... of importance, just classmates," she continued, hoping that Hyunsuk would buy her lie. Which he did.

"Alright, since they are just friends. Just wear these palazzo pants and this ruffled-neck blouse," the older suggested, pointing at the clothes.

"This shirt?"

"Nope, the one with the big sleeves, it looks cute."

"Okay, okay. Good talk, fashion master." Eun grabbed the said outfit and rushed to the bathroom, not even bothering to look back when the male laughed at her words.

Hyunsuk waited outside, wanting to see how the outfit looked on his best friend. Eun came out as quickly as she went in, quickly rushing to fix her hair and do her makeup. But only a light makeup to look presentable, not the whole shebang.

After brushing out the knots in her hair, Eun proceeded to lightly curl her hair, with Hyunsuk watching the whole process behind her. Sighing loudly as she kept the curling iron down, she exercised her arm, wanting to feel at ease before doing her makeup.

Hyunsuk walked up to the girl, looking at her front the mirror in front of them. "You look pretty in that. Do you want me to do your makeup?" He offered, to which Eun didn't waste a second in agreeing. Hyunsuk chuckled as he carefully pulled back Eun's hair, not wanting to get any makeup on it before starting the makeup process.

It took the emerald-haired male only a solid fifteen minutes to give Eun a natural look, which surprised the younger as she would've taken the same time to figure out which brush to use for a product.

"When are you meeting them?" Hyunsuk asked, straightening his back after bending over for a while.

Eun looked at her phone before replying. "In around fifteen minutes." She adjusted her outfit and looked around one last time before putting on her shoes. "I don't know how long it will be, so don't stay up for me."

"We'll see." Was all Eun heard as she left the apartment.

Walking towards the bar, Eun wondered once again why the bunny-like boy was asking to meet up with her. If it was a date, I'm sure he would've offered to come to pick me up. Not even a minute passed with Eun wondering about the reasons when her phone started ringing.

She looked at the caller ID, only to see Doyoung's name flashing. Eun couldn't help but have a smile on her face as she answered it. "Yes, Doyoung?" She greeted, waiting at the zebra crossing for the light to turn green.

"Oh, you have my number?"

"Only the same way you have my number." Eun laughed, knowing that behind every number trade was the one and only Park Jeongwoo.

Doyoung chuckled before talking. "Well, I just wanted to check if you were still at home. We could walk together." His words caused Eun's eyes to widen.

"Oh, no, that's fine. I am at the crossing near the mart, don't worry." Eun looked both ways as she started crossing the road.

"Ah, yeah. I see you." And with that Doyoung hung up, confusing Eun.

Eun crossed the road, looking around to see where Doyoung was, but couldn't spot him in the surrounding crowd. Suddenly, the girl was startled as someone threw their arm over her shoulder, but seeing the familiar face, Eun calmed down.

"Scared you, didn't I?"

"Oh, you wish."

The two reached the bar, talking between them throughout the whole walk. Doyoung realised that his initial impression about Eun was completely wrong. She was fun, smart, has an incredible sense of humour and her taste in music was just like his.

Once they sat down and ordered their drinks - with both ordering plain ole cola - Eun was quick to jump into the topic that was bothering her all day.

"What did you want to talk about?" She asked, causing Doyoung's eyes to widen. He wasn't expecting Eun to be straightforward, and besides, the topic really bothered Doyoung.

Doyoung, however, smiled as usual. "Why don't you first take a drink and bite? We have the entire night," he suggested, looking at the younger intently.

"Clearly the topic is bothering you. Just get off your chest, and let's enjoy the rest of the night, hm?" Eun took a sip of her drink, bobbing her head to the dance music that was playing. It was more of a club than it was a bar, and that gave some relief to Eun as the place was crowded.

"I, uh, well," Doyoung started, looking everywhere but at Eun. "That day at the cafe when you gave me your phone for the call, um, after the call, I kinda saw a glimpse of your diary entry." The red-haired male tried blurting everything at once, shocking the girl and making her choke on her drink.

The older boy panicked, quickly getting off his chair and to Eun, patting her back until her coughing stopped. Seeing her reaction, Doyoung decided it wouldn't be polite to reveal that he read all her diary entries.

"And?" Eun finally spoke, but kept looking down. "I bet you feel weirded out now."

"No," Doyoung responded firmly, making Eun look at him. "I really can't give an explanation, but stop, just like you mentioned in your diary. You should try to give up liking hyung."

"Is it because he is dating Haneul?"

"No! No, not that. That isn't even close. Having a crush is fine, even if the other person is married. But when the other person is jihoon, you shouldn't, Eunnie. Please."

"Why not?" Eun questioned again, causing the brunet to sigh.

Doyoung's grip on his drink tightened as he tried to control his anger. "Because Jihoon is not who you think he is! There, that's what you need to know!" he yelled, glaring at the table angrily.

"Oh." was all Eun could come up with, highly embarrassed and confused about the whole confession Doyoung made.

As the two sat quickly, more dance music kept playing, causing all the sitting customers to dance along to the music as well. Seeing that music was kind of their style and because Eun looked sad, Doyoung did what he could think of at the moment.

"Hey, Chayoungie, you wanna dance?"