♛ Respect Is Gone

It was good to be back home. Now and then Eun was reminded of what happened — even when she was at Haneul's place — but like everything else, she moved on. It was in the past. It probably can't happen again. Minjun was away from her. He couldn't possibly do anything.

Eun trudged up the stairs, panting as she tried catching her breath. She was glad to be back home after her uni classes, especially on a Friday.

"Sukkie, are you ready? Yoshi is already downstairs waiting for you," Eun called out to her best friend while taking off her shoes, walking in. "I told you to be dressed, right? Where are you? Choi Hyun–" Eun paused, looking at the boy who laid on the couch.

Hyunsuk was lying on the couch, his shirt half undone as he looked at Eun with wide eyes. He quickly got up, buttoning his shirt and fixing his disheveled hair.

"I was about to go out," he quietly muttered, grabbing his phone and tying up his shoes.

"Why do you never turn on the air con?! It fucking stinks, Hyunsuk!" Eun yelled, exasperated at Hyunsuk's behaviour. "I love you, man, but just–" She sighed, shaking her head.

"I know, I know, I love you too, baby." Hyunsuk got up and pressed a kiss on Eun's forehead, hugging the younger.

Eun hugged the older back, mumbling angrily. "I'm not a baby."

Hyunsuk nodded, chuckling at her reaction. Eun stared back, wondering why he wasn't leaving the house. She gestured the boy to leave, but he only looked at her in confusion.

"What?"

"You promised to help Haruto with his work, right? Yoshi has been waiting for you for a while now. Go!"

"Y-Yeah, but ..."

"But what?"

"Are you going to be fine alone, Chabear?" Hyunsuk asked, patting her head.

Eun blankly stared at the older, pointing towards the door, gesturing Hyunsuk to get out. Hyunsuk sighed, shaking his head and walking out of their apartment.

The brunette went into her room, changing her clothes before coming back into the living room and plopping herself on the couch. She exhaled at the lack of snacks and got up once again to make a trip to the kitchen.

After getting everything ready for her movie marathon, she laid back on the couch, stuffing her face with food while watching the movies she picked out. She commented now and then, feeling awkward once she realised she was talking to herself.

Slowly, as she was halfway through the second movie, she felt her eyes droop, exhausted after her lazy day. Finding the last bits of strength, Eun turned off the television and laid back on the couch, closing her eyes for a much-needed sleep.

Although fifteen minutes didn't seem like much, it was the best nap Eun had taken in a while — besides; it was quality over quantity, not the other way around. Quiet rustling woke Eun, and seeing that the lights weren't turned on, she quickly realised it wasn't Hyunsuk.

She quietly peeked at her surroundings, trying to spot someone to see if she was right. When she saw a dark figure near the kitchen, her eyes went wide in shock.

Part of her went into shock about the whole Minjun scene, whereas the other half wanted to know who the intruder was. Just as she was about to dial for law enforcement, the intruder opened the door to the fridge; the light illuminating their face.

"Park Jihoon!" Eun exclaimed, getting up from her seat, wobbling slightly as the startled boy froze near the fridge.

"Oh, my god. You scared me!" He had his hand on his chest, taking deep breaths to calm himself.

Eun turned on the lights and hit Jihoon hardly on his arm. "You gave me a heart attack! I thought some Minjun shit was gonna happen again!" She sighed, finally calming down. "How and why did you come?"

"I know your passcode, remember? I was hungry and thought you guys might have something," Jihoon replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "Kinda off my budget for takeout and didn't want to go shopping now, so ..."

"You should've woken me up."

"You were in a deep sleep, didn't want to wake you."

After arranging a quick meal for Jihoon, Eun watched happily as Jihoon gobbled up the food she made. Just the sight of Jihoon eating the food Eun cooked for him made her happy and was the reason behind the redness in her cheeks.

Jihoon was done eating in a few minutes and stayed with Eun, giving an excuse of staying with her until Hyunsuk came back. Despite her many attempts to get him to leave, Jihoon was adamant about keeping Eun company.

"No matter how cute you act, I will not leave you until Hyunsuk comes back!" Jihoon stated, crossing his arms and looking at Eun strictly.

"I am not acting cute!" Eun's eye widen as she scoffed at Jihoon's words.

"Yes, you are. You are always cute."

"No. I can be hot too!" The brunette settled her chin on her palm and intensely stared at Jihoon to give a 'girl crush' vibe.

Eun was too caught up in trying to prove Jihoon wrong, she didn't realise Jihoon place his hand on her face. She sighed as she heard him chuckle, immediately glaring at him and raised her hand, playfully hitting the boy as he laughed harder.

"You are adorable, Jieun," he argued, his thumb caressing Eun's cheek as he turned to fully face her.

She shook her head, disagreeing with the boy's words. "I am not! Look into these eyes, dude, do they look cute?" Eun leaned forward, widening her eyes for Jihoon to see. "No, they have pure sexiness written all over them."

Cha Eun didn't seem to register what was happening as Jihoon slowly leaned forward, his eyes fully focused on her lips and nowhere else. A million thoughts filled Eun's head and pushing Jihoon away was not one of them.

Well, it was, but with more thoughts taking over the existing ones, it was difficult.

Thankfully, Eun could get herself together and move away, slightly pushing the boy as she did. Her chest heaved as she looked elsewhere, unable to maintain eye contact with Jihoon. Worried that she would have to listen to a terrible excuse, she prayed for some sort of miracle that would spare her.

As if the gods above answered her prayers, the bell rang indicating that someone was entering the apartment. Jihoon straightened himself and also avoided looking at Eun, faking a smile when Hyunsuk walked in and saw the two.

"Jihoon-ah, what are you doing here?" Hyunsuk asked, placing his phone down and taking off his jacket.

Oh, he was just trying to kiss me. No big deal. "I was just leaving," Jihoon replied, giving the older a tight smile and leaving the house immediately — but casually.

As Eun saw Jihoon walk out the house, only one thought was filled in her head. I do not have any feelings for Jihoon anymore. Every single cell in my body has lost the fondness and respect for that man. Eun was shocked at what she felt, but she knew it was the truth.

If Jihoon who was dating Haneul tried to kiss Eun — with no reasonable explanation such as being drunk — then he didn't deserve Eun's and Haneul's love.