i

•Malia Rose•
Friday, March 13th 2020
9:27 pm

"Hey can you turn down the volume on your headphones please,?" I asked the man beside me who had the volume on his apple headphones way too loud. It was muffled but I could make out the lyrics of Everybody talks by Neon Trees.

The man had paid no attention to me what so ever though. He just continued to look outside the window. I nudge him this time and he removes the headphone from his ear looking at me with annoyance.

"Can I help you?" he asked glaring at me

Rude

"Uhm, can you please turn down the volume. It's just really loud and I'm trying to read," I say in a polite tone. Just because he's rude doesn't mean I have to be rude.

"Oh, my bad," he said grabbing his phone, pressing the volume button turning it down. He then put the headphone back in his ear and went back to looking out the window.

We were currently 1 hour into our 8-hour flight to Tahiti from LA. I've booked this vacation since October 2019. 5 months later, it's March 2020 and I'm exploring by myself. I was originally going to come with my boyfriend, Daniel but we're currently in arguing.

Daniel and I have been dating for about 5 years. I'm 23 and he's 26 years old. We never use to argue but now that's all we really do. It obviously hurts a lot but I guess we need time for ourselves.

I decided to stay in Tahiti for 10 days considering I have to go back to work. I finished school last year and became a Data scientist.

As I was reading the outsiders by S.E Hinton, my phone dinged.

Oh good lord it was Daniel

DannyBoy ❤️
So you were going to leave
without saying goodbye?

I rolled my eyes and responded

Oh so now you care?
I thought didn't care if I got ran
over by a truck

"Woah, he really said that to you?" the boy who sat beside me said.

Was he spying on my messages?

"Yes he did but can you not spy my messages," I asked rolling my eyes

"Chill lady, I'm bored and your horrible love life seems entertaining," he said smiling, wrapping his headphones around his iPhone SE.

"Listen man, you don't know me or what my relationship's like so if you don't mind, mind your own business" I have to sit beside him for 8 hours?

"Enlighten me then! Tell me about you and your relationship with DannyBoy,"

"why don't you tell me your name first," I say putting my bookmark in my book and closed it.

"Well the name's Grayson, Grayson Dolan but you can call me daddy," he said winking at me. I roll my eyes and pretend to shiver in disgust.

"I think I'll call you Gray, but I'm Malia, Malia Rose," I say sticking my hand out for him to shake.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he said kissing my hand

"So Malia Rose, since we have another 7 and a half hours left on this plane, tell me about yourself," he said facing me.

"Uhhh, I'm 23 years old, I graduated school last year and am currently a data scientist," I pause to think of other things I can tell him about me.

"What about your family and friends? maybe a pet?" He asked giving me ideas of what to tell him.

"Oh! I live with my mom and dad. I'm the youngest in the family. My brother's 10 years older than me. He's 32 and married. I have two nephews who are 6 and a niece who's 4" I say and he laughs.

"Oh gosh, wait till they grow up. They're going to be so overprotective of her," he says. His laugh is so adorable.

"They already are! Once, I was babysitting them and took them to the park. She was playing with this little boy and the boys ended up throwing sand in his ears. I felt so bad." I say wheezing.

We're both crying from the laughter we shared

"Tell me about you Gray, what's your life like?" I asked as we slowly started to quiet down.

"Well, I'm 25 years old, I live with my brother Ethan but I also have a sister named Cameron," he said

holy shit wait a second,

"Wait... Ethan Dolan? I think I know that name from somewhere" It sounds so familiar but I can't put the pieces together.

"Uhm, He's a pediatrician if it helps?" He said trying to help me put the pieces together

"Oh wait that's who he his! Oh my gosh, you guys are twins aren't you." I say with excitement.

"Yeah, but how do you know him,?" his eyebrows furrowed with confusion

"I knew Ethan a couple of years ago, something was wrong with the twins and he took care of them," I say clearing the confusion.

"Holy crap wait a second, Malia Rose... Davis?" he asked.

"Oh my gosh yes! did Ethan tell you about the kids?" I asked

"No, he told me you were sexy," He said smirking making my smile fall.

"Oh, okay then... well tell me more about you," I say trying to change the topic

After that, I learned a bit more about Grayson and I realized he not that bad of a guy. He's a nice guy with a fuckboy personality.

We're now two hours into the plane ride leaving us with 6 hours left until we land.

They started playing The Smurf's movie in front of us and gave us some pretzels. I looked out the windows to see all the houses and buildings that were lighted up.

"Absolutely stunning right,?" Grayson said out of nowhere. He must have seen me looking out the window.

"It's beautiful" I reply, continuing to look out the window in awe.

I slouch back in my seat and wiggle to get comfortable. I rest my head back against the chair but it just didn't feel right. Grayson then puts my head on his should and I immediately melt into his shoulder blade.

"Goodnight Gray," I say in a groggy voice

"Goodnight beautiful," I hear Grayson's deep voice say before I drift into darkness.

___________
Ahhh well that was the first chapter!!
I'm so very excited for this book and I love the idea of it so much.
If there's any suggestions, leave comments
Don't forget to vote and comment!
<3