ii

•Malia Rose•
Saturday, March 14th, 2020
3:46 am

My eyes begin to flutter open when I feel a heavy mass on the side of my head. I look up to see Grayson resting his head on mine.

"Please stay in your seats and put your seat belt on, we'll be landing shortly," the flight attendant says into the speakerphone thing.

"Gray... Grayson... wake up" I say

I shake Grayson and he slowly starts to wake up.

"Hey babe, everything okay?" He asked with a groggy voice, slowly starting to stand up.

"We're going to be landing soon"

"Oh wow, time really flew by huh?" He says chuckling with a sad expression.

"Haha yeah, I guess it did," I say matching his tone, looking down.

"Maybe I could get your number and we can meet up here and there throughout our stay?" He offered.

Finally! I was waiting for him to ask

"Yah sure! Give me your phone" he passes me his phone and I put it in my number.

"How long are you staying anyways?" He asked while I finished labeling my contact.

"10 days, what about you?"

"12 day-" he started but was cut off the flight attendant.

"We are now landing, once again, please stay in your seats and keep your seat belts on. Do not take them off until you see the lights come off. Lastly, take off all electronic devices. Thank you very much," she finished and walked away.

Grayson and I put away our phone and sit back in our seats

Soon enough the plane had landed and we all made our way off the plane to the baggage lane to grab our suitcases.

"You have my number okay? If you need anything or you're simply lonely, call or text me and we can hang out" I said in an overprotective tone.

"Okay, mom," he said rolling his eyes, giving me a side hug.

We part ways and I make my way outside. I look back to see if Grayson was still there. He was grabbing his bags and walking the opposite way.

I turned around and walked to the bus stop. 10 minutes later, the shuttle bus arrive and took the passengers to our hotel.

I take out my phone and plug in my headphones going to my Jack and Jack playlist pressing shuffle.

I create a dance routine in my head, but just sit down quietly, staring out the window.

Tell me the truth tonight

I'm reaching for proof 'cause I

Can't mess around with someone like me

If it's safe to love you, then promise me

After maybe 10 more songs, I reached the hotel. I grab my bags and make my way off the bus.

I walk inside seeing a jam-packed lobby. I stand in line waiting my turn patiently.

There were people arguing with the staff begging for a room. Thank god I booked everything months ago. Why is it so packed tho?

"Next!" The lady over the desk yelled.

I snap out of my daze and move forwards.

"Hey! I booked a room about 5 months ago, Malia Rose," I say to her hoping I wouldn't end up like the rest of the people in the lobby.