The Power Stone

The pink lady who introduced herself as Carina led Y/N, Quill, Rocket, Groot and Gamora into a large purple place filled with glass cages, each of them containing something. Plants, animals, or even people, each caged creatures crying out for them to free them from their prisons.

Rocket eyed his surroundings, "Okay, this isn't creepy at all."

"Calling it creepy would be a gentle way to put it." Y/N stated, feeling uneasy about his surroundings.

"We house the galaxy's largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner." Carina explained as she led them up the stairs into a much larger room. If Y/N was honest if himself, this place reminded him of a museum, only this one was certainly less pleasant to most of the attractions.  A caged dog wearing some strange spacesuit growled at Rocket who growled back at him before walking forward.  

Y/N furrowed his eyes at this dog and his rather strange clothing, because it was the first time when he saw a dog wear something like this before a man wearing a white fur coat appeared in his sight.

Carina gestured towards him, "I present to you, Taneleer Tivan, the Collector."

The Collector turned back to look at the people who were brought by Carina. His attention was especially focused on Gamora. He approached her, taking off his glasses, "Oh, my dear Gamora." He grabbed her hand and lifted it up before kissing it, "How wonderful to meet in the flesh."

Gamora rolled her eyes, "Let's bypass the formalities, Tivan. We have what we discussed."

The Collector turned to look at the people who arrived with Gamora to take a good look at them. He moved towards Groot, asking him, "What is that thing there?"

"I never thought I'd meet a Groot." the Collector stated, slowly approaching Groot, "Sir, you must allow me to pay you now so that I may own your carcass. At the moment of your death, of course."

"I am Groot." Groot shrugged his shoulders in response.

"I'd would think about it for a bit longer if I were, pal." Y/N said.

"You really want to get turned you into a frickin' chair?" Rocket added.

The Collector glanced down at Rocket for a second before looking up at Groot again, "That's your pet?"

Quill and Y/N could feel how their eyes shot open after hearing this, knowing where this was going. Their worries turned out to be true as Rocket shouted angrily, while reaching for his gun, "WHAT?!"

Thankfully Gamora intervened before anything could happen, "Tivan, we have been halfway around the galaxy, retrieving this orb."

"Very well, then." the Collector nodded his head, looking away from Groot and Rocket, "Let us see what you brought."

Gamora turned to Quill. He quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out the orb. He held it in front of himself to present it to the Collector, but it unfortunely slipped out of his hand. He quickly crouched down and grabbed it. He stood up, seeing the look everyone in the room send him.  He held it out to the Collector again, and thankfully, this time it didn't fell out of his hand.

He came over to Quill who handed the orb to him. He walked over to the table, placing the orb in a small two handed machine, eyeing it carefully, "Oh, my new friends. Before creation itself, there were six singularities."

He pulled a small lever on the table and the device began to open the orb and several holograms which showed them nothing but darkness were soon enough replaced into pictures of red, purple, blue, yellow, green and orange stones in space.