Natsumi and the Dragon Egg

Gajeel, Wendy, Laxus, Lucy Elizabeth, Sting, Rogue, Yukino, and Lisanna were fishing in the Eastern Magnolia Forest, but Sting said something that caught them all in a sad memory.

"Give me a break. Keep up that tough guy act and you'll never get the girls to like you, " Sting chuckled, meaning it as a joke.

If anything, it triggered their memories of Natsumi.

(A memory of Natsumi as a child)

"Now, that's better. Now apologize to Happy and-" Gajeel cut sting off with a growl and stormed off with the others in a huff.

"Shut the heck up if you know what's good for you. Let's go home..." Gajeel growled and stormed deeper into the forest with his younger brother and sister following him.

In the guild library, Sting and Rogue asked Mirajane how Natsumi first met Happy. Then, Rogue discovered
an old painting after falling off the ladder.

"I found an old painting," Rogue said as he picked up the piece of paper.

(A picture of the Fairy Tail teenagers as children)

"Oh, I remember that, " Mirajane said smiling fondly at the memory.

"Is this everyone when they were children, Jane?" Rogue asked the ivory beauty next to him.

"It sure is!"

"This must be Gray. And who's that next to him? Cana May? Whoa, Macao and Wakaba?! They look so young! Oh, I recognize that black mane of hair anywhere. Big Brother Gajeel hasn't changed a bit. And who's the blue dragon?"

"That's Happy!"

"I don't know if you know this, but how did Big Sister Natsumi and Happy first meet, anyway?"

"Let me think. When that picture was painted, your older brothers and sisters weren't members of Fairy Tail for very long themselves. The time sure has flown by..."

*Flashback starts *

"Hey, Natsumi!" Makarov called out, looking for the rosette princess.
"She went into town with Lisanna and her siblings. Something about making a surprise birthday meal and cake for Mirajane, " Macao replied from the bar.

In the Magnolia marketplace, Natsumi held a basket of ingredients to make Mirajane something special for her birthday. Ever since she and her siblings arrived at Fairy Tail, she had a crush on Mirajane Strauss, AKA The She-devil of Fairy Tail.

"Okay, guys. I think that's everything we need. Gajeel, you, Wendy, and Laxus-niisan keep Jane out of the kitchen.  Lisa and I will make the cake and food. I chose Lisanna for this because she knows Mirajane's favorite food," Natsumi explained.

Mirajane's favorite cake flavor was lemon blueberry. So on her birthday, Natsumi presented her with the cake.

"Happy 14th birthday, Mirajane! " Natsumi cheered as she presented her with the food. Natsumi made Mirajane pasta carbonara with sausage and capsicum.

Mirajane's mouth watered at the scent of the food, and after one bite she instantly fell in love with it

"This is so yummy!" she squealed and devoured the dish. Luckily, Natsumi made enough for the whole guild. After everyone had eaten, she brought out Mirajane's birthday cake.

"Here you are, Jane! One lemon blueberry birthday cake for our favorite demoness," Natsumi stated as she presented the birthday cake.

"Oh, Natsumi

"Oh, Natsumi. It's beautiful. Thank you so much!" Mirajane said and gave the girl a kiss on the cheek.