17. My Desperate Flee

Annie's POV

I couldn't take this anymore, it was starting to overwhelm me and I could feel my breathing pace rapidly increasing.

I could see my apartment block ahead of me, and I began to run towards it,  running as far away from this torment as possible.

I neared the building and opened the main door, sprinting through the lobby, now completely ignoring the intruiged and irritated faces of the people I passed by.

I fumbled around with the button of the elevator, impatiently thumping on the button in a desperate attempt to make it arrive faster. I quickly decided to abandon the lift and use the stairs.

I ran around the corner brushing past people as I went, and proceeded to clamber up the almost eternal staircase, two steps at a time.

Finally I saw the light from the corridor approaching, I ran down the narrow hallway and turned right. The door of my apartment was now in front of me, I tried to shove my key in the lock but my tear blurred eyes made it an almost impossible task.

I wiped my eyes to clear my vision, smudging black eye makeup all down my white shirt sleeve, and eventually managed to slot the key in the hole. I twisted it round and barged through the door, slamming it behind me as I ran into the flat.

I locked the door and threw my keys down on the floor. I sprinted down through my living room, past the kitchen and finally into the bedroom. I took off my heels and threw them at the corner of the room, shattering a photo frame as I did so.

I didn't care.

I just wanted to get under the covers and cry, and thats exactly what I did. I screamed, shouted, cried out in distress, but nothing would get rid of the aching, throbbing pain inside of me.